No matter how small, large, cheap or expensive your mobile phone is, protecting it is as important as charging your device properly. Protection in this scenario isn’t all about installing Anti virus apps, installing RAM cleaners or anything software related. One of the first things that’s visible about your device/smartphone is its physical body and then the screen/display when the phone is unlocked or powered on. If your smartphone is important to you and you wouldn’t want to start running around to get it fixed so soon, protecting it becomes paramount. I felt like writing this article after an incident this morning. A friend of mine just got a Tecno Camon CX through me and I am supposed to deliver it to him the next day which is a Monday. I got it from a friend’s shop very late in the evening and I was in a hurry to check out some stuffs. I forgot to collect the screen protector, left to church and then was reminded via a call from the seller. I felt like not going back until Monday but after all the procrastination, I finally went to his house, collected it and fixed it that night. This morning after installing/updating the OS and all the necessary apps, I left it on the table to go to the bathroom and that was when it happened. I accidentally slipped and hit the table where I left the phone to charge, the phone fell face down to the ground. I got up but hesitated to pick it up. When I finally summoned courage to pick it, I was shocked! The screen protector had several severe cracks from the top of the screen to the bottom. When I took a closer look, removed the broken Glass screen protector, there was no single crack on the touch pad. The screen protector saved me! What if there was no screen protector or I waited till the next day? It wouldn’t have made sense at all.
How To Completely Protect Your Smartphone’s BodyWether you have the trending $1000 iPhone X, the beautiful Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the smart looking Samsung Galaxy S8, the Mi Mix 2 or one of the cheapest phones around, you need to start protecting it from now if you haven’t. If you have any of the above devices or the very fragile Galaxy Edge devices with curved screens and glasses around, you should’t use it without a protective case. There are two very important parts that could get physical damages easily and there are the phone’s body and the touch sensor.
BUY A PROTECTIVE CASE FOR YOUR SMARTPHONE
Most smartphones, especially popular and flagship devices get a lot of wonderful, durable, and eye catching cases as soon as the devices are announced. If you have got an Apple iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, HTC, Google phone, LG, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, ASUS, Verizon or even the Chinese smartphones like Tecno, Itel, Infinix, Gionee etc, there are so many smartphone protective cases available out there to choose from. When you want to get a case for your smartphone, you really have to get something that is durable and wouldn’t even cause scratches on your phone. Most cheap cases do that. Below are tips to help you get a good protective case for your device.
- Buy only original, durable cases from retailers around you, from popular shops or even online.
- The best all round body protection case for your device is the 360 degree protective cases. It covers every area of your smartphone, so when it drops, the protective case gets all the hit and scratches.
- Most 360° protective cases come with a glass screen protector to protect the touch screen from scratches, liquid and a whole lot of stuffs that aren’t supposed to get into it. Using a 360° protective case with a screen protector keeps your smartphone’s back, front, edges and touch screen completely safe.
- No matter your style or how gorgeous the smartphone case looks, don’t buy a case that is slippery or doesn’t give you a firm grip on the device. Using a slippery case will put your device at a high risk of always falling down, won’t rest on flat surfaces and can easily be snatched from your hand by thieves. Even with a smart case, if your phone continually falls down, you will get to replace the case sooner or even get hardware damages.
- Smartphone protective cases come in different vibrant colors to match everyone’s style. I recommend you get a smartphone protective case that matches your phones color or complements it. If you use something very odd, your friends might force you to get a new one soon.
BUY A GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR/GUARD FOR YOUR SMARTPHONE
If you already bought a good 360 degree smartphone case, it should come with a glass screen protector for extra protection. Well, if you didn’t get one or you just want to protect just the touch sensor, you need a good glass screen protector for your smartphone. Before buying a screen protector, you should understand some terms and what you will get after using it. Ever heard or seen tempered glass screen protectors and wondered what the tempered is all about? Even if your device uses a Gorilla Glass 5 or KingKong Glass, it needs an extra protection. Let me make it clear.
Toughened or tempered glass is a type of safety glass processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass. Tempering puts the outer surfaces into compression and the interior into tension. Such stresses cause the glass, when broken, to crumble into small granular chunks instead of splintering into jagged shards as plate glass (a.k.a. annealed glass) does. The granular chunks are less likely to cause injury.If you are buying a tempered glass screen protector, it makes sense to spend a little money and go for the slightly expensive ones. I remember when my old Infinix X551 fell down and the glass screen protector broke into pieces and even broke the phone’s touch pad because it was a very cheap glass screen protector. If you intend changing or removing your tempered glass screen protector/guard, it’s very easy. Just lift the screen protector with the card from any corner of the screen. Once the corner has been lifted from the device, hold the corner and remove slowly. If you have a tempered glass, it will not shatter into pieces. The tempered glass will hold all the pieces in place even if it is to crack. Let me round up with this tip.
- Don’t ever buy a tempered glass screen protector that doesn’t cover the entire screen or else you might get a crack if the device falls on those unprotected sides.
- Make sure you buy the tempered glass screen protector for your exact device model. It will look good, fit properly and protect your device’s screen the way it was intended.
If you find this useful, please share to friends and family members via the social share buttons. You can save someone from changing his/her phones touch-pad by recommending this article to him/her.]]>