Why you need to Unlock the Bootloader of your HTCAs an Android user, you have a world of impossibilities right in your hand. Although this impossibility is limited by such things like bootloader lock.
How to Unlock Bootloader for Your HTCLike any other Android, unlocking your bootloader will cause you to lose all of the data from your phone, so be sure to backup your necessary Android data. Get the preparations to unlock bootloader for your HTC One or other devices. Then, move to the step by step guide on unlocking HTC bootloader.
A. HTC Bootloader unlock-Getting things ready
- Register on HTCdev, where you can get the needed information to unlock HTC bootloader. http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
- Connect your HTC phone to Computer and enable USB Debugging Mode in developer options.
- Unlocking the HTC Bootloader may delete the files like contacts, messages, and calendars, so please backup your data first.
B. Steps to unlock HTC Bootloader
- Go to HTCDev.com and login with your account, select Unlock Bootloader and Get Started.
- Select your HTC model or from the All Other Supported Models and click Begin Unlock Bootloader. In the meantime, it’s not every HTC that can be unlocked.
- Choose Yes, tick/mark the Legal Terms and then “Proceed to Unlock Instructions” on the next 2 pop-ups.
- On the next page, follow the guide to set your HTC. Scroll to bottom, download the right fastboot binary for your OS. Windows users can download an easy adb/fastboot tool here.
- Open a command Prompt: Windows: Start->”cmd” Mac: Applications->Utilities->Terminal.app Linux: Terminal
- Type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_token.
- Then you will see a long block of text which is the token.[Its unique] Copy the token, from “Identifier Token Start” and stop at “Identifier Token End”, Below is a screenshot of how and what to copy.
- Paste the identifier token you copied above to the token field in HTCDev guide page, then click “Submit“.
- HTC will send you an email containing the bootloader unlock code. Download the “unlock_code.bin“, and place it the fastboot/adb folder.
- Go back to the Command Prompt window and type this; fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin and press the enter button as usual.
- Wait a few seconds for your HTC phone to reboot.
Now congratulations! Your HTC phone now has an unlocked bootloader. Make sure you enjoy the benefits of unlocking your devices’ bootloader like installing custom recoveries, flashing custom ROMs and customizing the entire OS.Please share and also drop your comments.