Install TWRP Recovery & Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
What You Need To Do First
- Charge your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus up to 50% to avoid power issues during the flashing process.
- Check your device’s model number carefully under Settings > More / General > About device.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Get a micro SD card as you will need to copy the SuperSU.zip file to that, otherwise, you will have to use the MTP mode while you boot up into TWRP recovery to flash copy it.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, SMS messages and also copy your media content to your computer as you will have to wipe your phone on the way.
- Uninstall/disable Samsung Kies while using Odin. Samsung Kies can hinder the connection between your phone and Odin.
- Use the original data(USB) cable to establish a connection between your PC and your phone.
- Follow these instructions to the later to avoid any mishap during flashing process.
[su_heading size=”24″]Install TWRP Recovery & Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus [/su_heading]
Downloads and Instructions
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC – Download
- Download and extract Odin 3.12.3 on your PC – Download
Download the TWRP Recovery.tar file carefully according to your device.
- TWRP Recovery for International Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F/FD/G/I – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Korean Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928S/K/L – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Canadian Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928W8 – Download
- TWRP Recovery for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928T – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928P – Download
- TWRP Recovery for US Cellular Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928R4 – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Chinese Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G9280, SM-G9287, SM-G9287C – Download
- Download SuperSU.zip file and copy it to your phone’s external SD card. If you haven’t got an external SD card, you will need to copy it to your internal storage after installing TWRP recovery.
- Download dm-verity.zip file and copy it to the al SD card as well. Alternatively, you can also copy both these .zip files to a USB OTG if you have got one.
[su_heading]How To Install TWRP Recovery & Root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus[/su_heading]
- Open Odin3.exe file from the extracted Odin files that you downloaded above.
- Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus in download mode. To do so, turn off your phone first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button. As soon as your device boots up showing a Downloading screen, leave the keys. You might also need to press Volume Up to accept the Download mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Odin should now show an “Added” message in the logs and also show the blue light in the ID:COM box. This shows that your S6 Edge Plus has been successfully connected to your PC.
- Now click on the “AP” tab in Odin and select the TWRP Recovery.img.tar file according to your device carefully.
- The options ticked in Odin should be only “F.Reset Time“. Make sure that the Auto-Reboot option is not checked, we do not want to reboot the phone after flashing TWRP recovery.
- After selecting the file and checking/unchecking the options carefully, hit the Start button.
- Odin will now flash the TWRP recovery and show you a PASS message in a few minutes.
- Once done, disconnect your device from your PC now.
- Your phone should successfully boot into the newly installed custom recovery(TWRP).
- TWRP will ask you whether you want to allow modifications or not, you will need to swipe your finger to the right to enable modifications.
- Swiping the finger to right will trigger dm-verity if you will need to disable it immediately. Leaving it enabled will not let you boot the phone neither root it. This is an important stuff since we want to be able to modify the system.
- Now tap “Wipe > Format Data > type “yes” to format data. This is important to disable encryption. This step will factory reset your phone, so make sure that you’ve backed up the entire data.
- Now go back to the main menu in TWRP Recovery and tap “Reboot > Recovery”. This will once again reboot your phone in TWRP.
- Now make sure that you’ve copied the SuperSU.zip and dm-verity.zip files into your external SD Card or USB OTG, if not then transfer both these files to your external SD Card by using MTP mode in TWRP now.
- Once you have copied the files, tap “Install >, locate the SuperSU.zip according to the location where you saved it>, then select and flash it”.
- Now once again, tap “Install >, locate the dm-verity.zip file > and also flash it as well”. Once flashing is done, reboot your phone to the system.
That’s all. You’re rooted and have TWRP recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.Don’t forget to backup your EFS partition now and also create a backup of your current OS. Now you can customize your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus as much as you wish.
If you have any issue, use the comment box.