Arrest The Real Criminals, Not GSM Repairers!We(GSM repairers/technicians) are not thieves or in any way helping criminals to carry out their evil intentions. It has never been said that unlocking and flashing of phones are illegal or against the law. Yes, stuffs lie changing of IMEI is illegal and that’s well understood and adhered to. Security forces should stop treating professional mobile phone engineers like criminals, risking our careers, discouraging us, making us hate the job or even turning a lot of us to become jobless because of the continual harassment. This is what we do best and this is what we know how to do best. It’s not a petty job like most roadside work, it cost a lot to buy tools, devices, computers, softwares and the knowledge too to successfully satisfy your customers. The rate of unemployment is high and the more mobile technicians are lashed unjustly, the more hardworking youths will turn to the wrong path just to make ends meet. Police, SARS, and the other armed forces should stop arresting/humiliating phone engineers that unlock/fix phones that are later discovered to be stolen. Most phones won’t be traceable without first unlocking them, since a SIM card will use the IMEI to connect to the network. Real and dedicated phone engineers deserve some respect, not embarrassment, unnecessary threat and extortion of huge amounts money from mobile engineers or worse, locking them up like dreadful criminals. We as phone technicians are doing nothing bad by fixing mobile phones brought for repairs. With the continual injustice, the security agencies are just killing Nigeria as a Country, killing those that have visions, killing those that believe in hardwork and putting the youths in a very bad position.
- Do not buy fairly used phones that are suspicious to avoid issues when discovered.
- Check phones brought for fixing to be sure it’s not going to land you into problems.
- We should all endeavor to be law-abiding citizens
- Avoid illegal phone dealings like buying of stolen phones or helping criminals change IMEI of phones because it’s a punishable offence under the law.
- Work together as one by having a union or group with legal backing to help you settle cases with the security forces.
- Work with the security forces when necessary to curb crimes and criminal activities when ever it’s possible.