Most Samsung smartphones e.g the ATT Samsung Galaxy S7 and other Chinese phones with a Qualcomm CPU have a setting that actually makes one feel uncomfortable most times.
Apart from the fact that there’s no toggle for data on the notification panel, it also doesn’t have the network mode setting to switch directly from 4G to 3G or which ever you want. Most Chinese Qualcomm based smartphones also have this unfriendly setting.
Getting to the network mode is via your Settings, Mobile Network and then the network mode setting which allows you to change your preferred network mode.
You could easily between GSM, 2G, 3G, 4G LTE etc
If you can’t find that setting, then it’s been hidden or not made available via a simple toggle.
One simple code has always worked out on Qualcomm devices and I use it alot on my ATT Samsung Galaxy S7 to switch network modes conveniently.
If you have a device with such necessary toggle missing, this code will be your way out. But remember, it works on Qualcomm Snapdragon devices.
How to easily switch Network Mode on Samsung / Qualcomm devices
To easily switch network mode from 2G to 3G or 4G to auto mode on Samsung and other Qualcomm powered Android devices, here’s what to do.
- Open your Dialer or Phone app. The one you use in dialing numbers.
- Type these code *#*#4636#*#*
- A new window (test mode) will pop up.
- Click on Device Information
- Depending on your device type, you should find an option to Set Preferred Network Type.
- After finding and clicking on the option, you can now set your preferred network type to whichever mode you want.
- The selected network mode will be activated immediately and will not change unless you set your network mode to auto, which will switch to the fastest available network mode automatically.
With this code, there’s no need to download APK files unless you really can’t remember the code.
It’s simple, just *#*# 4636 then reverse the first ones, #*#*. So the simple code to keep handy for manually changing your preferred network mode is *#*#4636#*#*
Below is a video of me doing it on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone.
If you find this to work on your device, please share to your friends via the social sharing buttons.
The little code works Qualcomm devices and I have personally used it on several Samsung Galaxy devices and Chinese smartphones.
If you have any issue with getting yours to work, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.