Since I signed up to get latest updates about Google products and services, I got informed about Google’s Site Kit Plugin that’s now available on WordPress.
If you are used to WordPress, you should also be used to Jetpack and its powerful stats features for wordpress.com users.
Now, Site Kit by Google is just like that but more better.
Now, what’s Google Sit Kit and why do you even need it? Google Site Kit might not increase your Google Adsense revenue, but it could tell you what you need to increase all round.
So, what’s Site Kit by Google?
Site Kit is the official WordPress plugin from Google for insights about how people find and use your site. Site Kit is the one-stop solution to deploy, manage, and get insights from critical Google tools to make the site successful on the web. It provides authoritative, up-to-date insights from multiple Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard for easy access, all for free.
Bringing the best of Google tools to WordPress
Site Kit includes powerful features that make using these Google products seamless and flexible:
- Easy-to-understand stats directly on your WordPress dashboard
- Official stats from multiple Google tools, all in one dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools without having to edit the source code of your site
- Metrics for your entire site and for individual posts
- Easy-to-manage, granular permissions across WordPress and different Google products
Supported Google Services
Site Kit shows key metrics and insights from different Google products:
- Search Console: Understand how Google Search discovers and displays your pages in Google Search. Track how many people saw your site in Search results, and what query they used to search for your site.
- Analytics: Explore how users navigate your site and track goals you’ve set up for your users to complete.
- AdSense: Keep track of how much your site is earning you.
- PageSpeed Insights: See how your pages perform compared to other real-world sites. Improve performance with actionable tips from PageSpeed Insights.
- Tag Manager: Use Site Kit to easily set up Tag Manager- no code editing required. Then, manage your tags in Tag Manager.
- Optimize: Use Site Kit to easily set up Optimize- no code editing required. Then, set up A/B tests in Optimize.
Google Site Kit Plugin or Site Kit by Google for WordPress is a very simple but powerful all-in-one one-stop solution for WordPress users to use everything Google has to offer to make them successful on the web.
From Google Search console, Google Analytics, Google Page Insights and also the interesting Google Adsense can be connected in one single place and viewed easily.
Site Kit by Google makes all these interesting services offered by Google easy to reach within your WordPress dashboard.
This saves you a lot of time jumping off and on to get insights or stats about how your website is performing, what’s trending and so on.
Now, do you feel like giving Google Site Kit or Site Kit by Google a shot?
I guess your answer is a resounding Yes!
To start using Google Site Kit before your friends, quickly follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. It’s usually yourdomain/wp_admin
- Click on Plugins
- Select Add new
- In the search box, type site kit.
- Some results will compe up. Select Site Kit by Google which is at the top
- Click on Install Now, then Activate
- Once activated, you’ll get a success notification that Site Kit by Google Plugin has been activated
- Click on Start Setup
- You will now be required to sign-in to your Google account so your website can be verified from Google Search console and all its data will be accessible by the plugin.
- Click on Sign in with Google
- Sign in to your Google account for that website
- Click on Allow to give Site Kit access to your Google account and data/info
- Now it’s time to connect to your Google Search Console account
- Click on Proceed to allow the plugin access your Google account data, verify your website ownership in search console and set it up.
- The last step (3), click on Add site to add your website to search console.
- After Site Kit has successfully connected your Search console profile, click on Go to my Dashboard
- This will immediately start showing Top search queries for your site, impressions and web search clicks and other very relevant stats.
- At the top, you will find more modules to connect for an overall experience. Click on Connect service on any of them to proceed.
- To setup all the modules in Site Kit by Google WordPress plugij to be connected and accessible from your WordPress dashboard, everything is all about clicks and permissions. You will sign in to your Google account and allow the plugin access into your profile and data before it can proceed.
To get the most of of your WordPress site via Site Kit by Google WordPress plugin, it’s recommended that you connect your Search console, Google Analytics, Google Adsense account and also Page Insights to check how well your site performs in terms of speed and other very crucial areas.
For me, Google Site Kit plugin for WordPress is easy to install and the setup is just about clicking here and there. The results and stats are impressively useful for any serious website owner.
What are your thoughts on the Site Kit by Google plugin? If you have any question, do let me know below.