[su_heading size=”20″ margin=”30″]How To Root Your Tecno Phantom 8 [/su_heading] Rooting your Tecno Phantom 8 might cause issues if you wrongly follow the procedure listed here. To root your device, kindly follow the steps in this post and you will successfully gain root access on your Phantom 8.
[su_heading size=”23″ margin=”30″]Requirements[/su_heading]
- If you have the original stock firmware of your device, that’s very good and it will make the whole process faster and safer.
Procedures To Root Your Tecno Phantom 8
- Make sure your device is the Tecno Phantom 8 and nothing else.
- You will need your phone’s stock boot.img to proceed. If you don’t have it, download it from the web or back it up using a good tool/box like CM2, NCK, Miracle box etc. If you can’t, you can proceed.
- Do a readback or dump of only your stock boot.img using this MTK firmware backup tutorial.
- If you don’t have a compatible or stock scatter file for your device(Tecno Phantom 8), download and use this Tecno Phantom 8 scatter file to do the readback above.
- Download Latest – Magisk Manager 5.5.5 apk – MagiskManager-v5.5.5.apk
- Active internet connection on your Android device
Steps on how to root Tecno Phantom 8 device using Magisk Manager and patched boot.imgSee the Video tutorial below for a clearer understanding of what to do.
Patching the stock boot.img
- Install MagiskManager apk on your Tecno device.
- Copy the stock boot.img of your device to your phone’s internal storage or SD card
- Launch Magisk Manager app
- If prompted to install Magisk, select NO THANKS
- Select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File >
- Navigate to the location of the stock boot.img you copied earlier on, then Select it
- Magisk Manager should begin downloading the magisk zip file used for patching.
- Once download is complete, MagiskManager will automatically patch the boot file and store it under SDcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
How to Flash the patched_boot.img using Fastboot
- Setup adb and fastboot on your PC.
- Unlock the phone’s Bootloader (if its not unlocked.
- Re-enable USB debugging on the phone.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord
- Boot into fastboot mode.
- Flash the patched_boot and reboot by typing in the commands below into adb CMD prompt window and hitting Enter after each line
fastboot devices fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img fastboot rebootYour command history should look something like You can verify root using Root Checker Credits goes to topjohnwu of XDA for Magisk. Video credits goes to Team Hovatek.]]>