Rooting most of these devices with newer chip-sets and Android version is mostly possible and easy via a custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc.
The Infocus M680 device also runs on the Android 6 Marshmallow and can be rooted.
If you wish to root your Infocus M680 on the Marshmallow rom, you are advised to follow the procedure listed below to successfully gain root access on your Infocus M680 device.
Requirements To Root Infocus M680 Running On Android 6 Marshmallow
- Download TARP 3.0.2 recovery for Infocus M680 (ported by Taiwan101) – Download
- Download Chainfire’s ‘systemless’ SuperSU and save it in your Memory Card – Download
- Download Sp Flashtool Latest version – Download
- Download and Install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers on your PC.
Steps To Install TWRP recovery And Root Infocus M680 On Marshmallow Firmware
Installing the recovery
- After downloading all the files above, unpack or extract the Sp Flashtool to your desktop.
- Unpack the TWRP.rar to your desktop as well. You should now have folders for both Sp Flashtool and Infocus M680 TWRP recovery.
- Open the SP Flashtool folder and run flash_tool.exe.
- Click on scatter loading,then locate TWRP folder and select the scatter file MT6753_Android_scatter.txt inside it. Click on Open to load it in Sp flash tool.
- You will find the recovery file loaded. Now click on Download button on Sp flash tool.
- Turn off your Infocus M680 and connect it via a USB cable to the Pc.
- After about 5secs, the TWRP recovery will be flashed to your Infocus M680. When you see a Download OK notification, unplug your phone.
Rooting / Flashing SuperSU On Infocus M680 Running Marshmallow
- After flashing the custom recovery to your Infocus M680 via Sp Flashtool, boot your phone into recovery mode by holding both power button and volume up button.
- In recovery mode, select Install. Locate and select the SuperSU.zip file you copied to the root of your sdcard.
- Now swipe to flash the SuperSU.zip package and allow it to complete.
- Once the SuperSU has been flashed, you can now reboot your phone(M680) to normal mode.
- When your device boots up, you should find SuperSU among your apps.
Now you have successfully gained root access on your Infocus M680 running on Android 6 Marshmallow plus a custom recovery(TWRP)