Hello esteemed reader, today we are going to learn something so fresh. Yea, it’s fresh because I just found out a trick or tip to help you download like a pro. Whatever you call it, tip or trick, it’s all good.
Downloading via smartphones is more popular nowadays due to the advancement of mobile technology and internet. We now have 4G, and even expecting 5G. Whether the device is used as a WiFi hotspot or not, the usage is still for download purposes.
Since our smartphones are now our mobile companions, we use it too many times to access the web, upload files, download and check what’s up. When it comes to downloading, it’s something you can’t skip unless you are using a smartphone without internet connection, which isn’t even possible in this era.
It’s a norm now to see a lot of smartphone users using a third party download manager like ADM – Advanced Download Manager to take care of our downloads. Yes, most download managers like ADM are awesome.
One of the reasons why I and a lot of people use third party download managers is because of its ability to pause and resume downloads. Although most servers allows pause and resuming of downloads, download managers have away of doing it too.
Apart from pausing and resuming downloads, download managers also help to fasten downloads, download more than one file simultaneously and gives you option to customize the whole scene. Many other stuffs makes download managers a must have app.
Now the big tip or trick we are going to learn and try out is how to resume downloads anytime without a third party download manager like IDM. This isn’t the solution to resuming downloads on IDM, the focus here is different.
So what is the tip about?
Let’s quickly find out which app we can use to download files apart from ADM or other download managers. It may or may not be a surprise though, the app is a web browser with serious optimizations for downloads.
UC Browser, a good web browser and download manager
UC Browser is a very popular web browser on both PC and mobile devices with a very powerful download manager. It doesn’t just stop there, it extends to be a super smart all in one web browser.
It has a very wicked AD-Blocker, fast speed and security. It also supports extensions to add more features. The most important thing about UC Browser is its download capability.
I and a whole lot of my friends use UC Browser all the time to download very large files and it’s been a really good experience. If you aren’t familiar with UC Browser for any reason, this post will make you give it a try.
To bring life to our trick or tip for downloading, we are going to use UC Browser. Yes, UC Browser. If you have already been using it, then add this tip to your knowledge and enjoy.
So what will you gain from this tip?
With UC Browser on your Android device, you can download any file, pause it and resume it even if something goes wrong, no matter the time frame. Oh yea, I have personally tried this and am so sure about it.
Can’t wait to see it? Just take a seat and a glass of water as you carefully read and apply what you learn. Make sure you don’t spill the water on your smartphone.
How to easily Resume downloads via UC Browser
By following the steps in this guide, you can resume interrupted downloads anytime without issues. Even if something goes wrong, the download will be resumed and also complete successfully without corrupting the file.
Even if your device goes offline or something more disturbing happens, I am sure the trick will save you out, provided you do it well.
This trick was used by a friend of mine and when I gave it a shot, it was wow. So let’s begin.
- To make sure everything is in place, please download the latest version of UC Browser to your Android smartphone via the Google play store or a direct APK link.
- Save and install it on your device. If it needs any permission, please allow.
- Now open the browser and type in the download page or URL into the web address field.
- Once the download starts, UC Browser will make the download speed faster than usual.
- If there’s any unplanned issue or you intentionally decided to hold the download, then read on.
If your data is exhausted, phone went offline or any reason why the download is interrupted, do not panic. Follow the next guide and see the magic.
- Go to your file manager.
- Open your downloads folder, UCDownloads. It could be in your internal or external storage.
- Open the folder and you will find two files.
A .zip file and a .cfg or the downloading file and another file with maybe a .tmp extension with the same name but different file extension. This is where the magic lies.
- Cut and paste the files into another folder or the root of your SD card or internal storage.
- When next you wish to resume the download, just get a fresh download link and make sure it’s working. Go to UC Browser and enter the link to re-download the file. Hit the enter button to initialize the download process.
- Now you have to download the same file again from the same link for a minimum of 2-5% and pause it.
- Go back to the folder where the two files were pasted and then copy back the .cfg and .zip or whatever file you moved back to the UCDownloads folder.
- It will replace the older files.
- You can then resume it and the download will continue from where it stopped until it’s finally completed.
I have used it a couple of times to be very sure it works. If it also works for you, please let us know via the comments box.
Here are more sugar-coated posts worth checking out.