No matter how engaged you can be on that special day of your birthday, it only gets super awesome when other people remember your birthday.
Actually, most times, we do forget our own birthday and it takes only a special friend to remind us and put those smiles on our face.
I have been in that odd situation when I skipped, forgot or just didn’t know it’s someone’s birthday.
80 percent of us might have forgotten a special friend’s birthday or even a family member. It’s a very busy world and everyone is carried away with one or two stuffs, either important, less or both.
Everyone holds their birthday with royalty and to make anyone feel like he or she is ontop of the world, be the first to remind them and wish them a happy birthday.
If you are used to keeping the date in your head or waiting for Facebook to remind you, then luck might not always be on your side.
Since all of us are glued to our smartphones, below I will show you some tips to help you remember every special person’s birthday.
Putting it straight, I am literally going to show you how to remember birthdays.
How To Remember Birthdays Like A Computer
If you had like to stop being embarrassed because you forgot someone’s birthday, then, with your mobile phone, you can never repeat such mistakes.
So let’s see how we can use our smartphones to help us to always remember that special person’s birthday.
Facebook can help you remember Birthdays
Yes, Facebook takes birthdays very seriously and they think you should too, probably with the social media.
If you and your friends, relatives and family members are on Facebook, you can always get an instant alert on everyone’s birthday.
Doesn’t that sound cool?
Although, not everyone is on Facebook, but it can still be of help for those that are already on the social media. If you can, always invite your friends to join Facebook.
If you aren’t getting alert on each of your friend’s birthday via Facebook, here’s how to get it started.
How to turn On Facebook Birthday notifications
- Open your Facebook app and login.
- Click on the options icon at the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and select Notification settings
- Scroll down and select Birthdays
- Tick the Allow notifications on Facebook
- You can mark the Push, Email, SMS, Upcoming Birthdays and Belated Birthdays.
Now you will get an instant notification on each of your friends birthday. It’s so easy.
One of the best thing about Facebook birthday notifications is that it reminds you of a whole lot of birthdays and you don’t need to crack your brains.
Although you might miss some notifications when there’s no network connection, you are logged out or haven’t reinstalled the app.
Also, if your friend isn’t on Facebook, then, other options/alternatives would come in. We are going to cover all of it.
Use your phone’s calendar app and set events
Most times, depending on internet access as a reminder might not always work out. There are times when your internet connection could be down, off or expired.
Using your phone’s built in calendar could be your best bet for offline birthday notifications via your phone.
To do that,
- Open your phone’s calendar app and go to the month for the birthday.
- Move to the date
- Use the options and add an event to that day.
- Input Birthday as the subject and set the reminder time to be as early as possible.
- Set the repeating time to be yearly.
- Next time, whether you have an internet connection or not, your phone will remind you of that special person’s birthday, and it will also repeat it annually if set properly.
Let’s see some more offline birthday reminders for Android.
Remember Birthdays with Birthdays for Android App
Birthdays for Android is one of the most popular birthdays reminder app for Android. It has gotten about 5 million downloads with a very high rating and positive user reviews. Let’s see its features.
- This free app reminds you of your friend’s and family’s birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates. It’s simple and we respect your privacy.
- Birthdays can be entered manually, or synchronized with your contacts. Duplicates are automatically removed.
- Choose to be reminded in advance, or on the birthday itself.
- See upcoming birthdays on your home screen using one of four widgets. Say Happy Birthday via text message or tap to call them. We even track Chinese and Western zodiac signs.
The app synchronizes all birthdays with your contacts list and offers secure backups of all dates to the external storage. Your birthdays will never be lost, and they can be easily transferred to another Android device anytime. You’ll l always know which day of the week your friends – and how many days are left until that date.
You can download the Birthdays for Android app from Google play store – Download
B’days! – Birthday Reminder for iOS
B’days helps you build stronger relationships with the people who are closest to you, simply by remembering and celebrating their birthday!
The app reminds you each time they are having a birthday and makes it super easy to celebrate their day while making them feel special and loved.
The B’day Pro goes for $9.99 via in-App purchases.
You can download the B’Days app from the app store – Download
With these apps, remembering anyone’s birthday would be so stress free and exciting, If you have any suggestion or an app that helps you remember birthdays like a pro, you can share it with us via the comments box.