We are no longer in the past where almost every banking transaction must be done at the banking hall with lots of stress and signing of documents.
Fast forward to the present moment, banking has taken a new level and BVN is a game changer.
How do I get my BVN number via my phone?
All you have to do is:
- Open your dialer or phone app
- Press *565*0#
- Finally press the send button
- Your BVN number will be displayed on your screen
- You might be charge a small fee for the BVN check
With mobile apps on most major OS like Android, Blackberry, Windows and iOS, it’s very easy to perform most of the most needed banking transactions and tasks right with your smartphone.
So what if I have a feature phone?
Oh, you aren’t left out. With USSD codes, you too with a feature phone or a smartphone with no banking app can also perform transactions, buy airtimes, send money, check balance, buy and send data, and do a lot more on your phone.
So today, we are compiling a list of popular Nigerian banks with a link to download their respective Android and iPhone/iPad apps and also the USSD codes you can use for mobile banking.
You should also note that
- (USSD) will only work on your registered mobile number.
- You might need to have your Credit/ATM card ready and also have the PIN number
- Most times, you might need to visit a branch office of your bank to request for an activation to be done for you
- Mobile banking uses and needs an internet connection while USSD doesn’t
- You might be charged a fee for transactions done via USSD codes
- Based on your bank, you might not be able to initialize the USSD codes if your airtime/account balance is low.
[su_heading size=”20″ margin=”30″]Nigerian Banks Android Apps & USSD Codes For Mobile Banking[/su_heading]
|Bank Name||USSD Mobile Banking Code||Bank App for Android/iOS|
|Access Bank PLC||*901#||Android App / iOS|
|Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) PLC||*737#||Android App / iOS|
|Diamond Bank||*710#||Android App / iOS|
|First City Monument Bank (FCMB)||*329#||Android App / iOS|
|First Bank PLC||*894#||Android App / iOS|
|Fidelity Bank||*770#||Android App / iOS|
|Eco Bank||*326#||Android App / iOS|
|Heritage Bank||*322#||Android App / iOS|
|Keystone Bank||*533#||Android App / iOS|
|Skye Bank||*833#||Android App / iOS|
|Sterling Bank||*822#||Android App / iOS|
|Stanbic IBTC||*909#||Android App / iOS|
|Standard Chartered Bank NG||NA||Android App / iOS|
|United Bank for Africa (UBA)||*919#||Android App / iOS|
|Unity Bank||*7799#||Android App / iOS|
|Union Bank||*826#||Android App / iOS|
|Wema Bank||*945#||Android App / iOS|
|Zenith Bank||*966#||Android App / iOS|
You might also like to check out a related post.