Hey! Today we have the new Nokia 3310 to talk about. I know you have already heard about the new Nokia rebranded 3310, so, I am going to tell you what you may not know about this device.
I have been using the new Nokia 3310 since it became publicly available for purchase, and I don’t regret ever buying it.
Infact, I would recommend it as the simplest feature phone for anyone. Unless you don’t like Nokia yet.
Let’s start with the history of the new Nokia 3310 phone.
History of the Nokia 3310
The iconic Nokia 3310 was launched about 17 years ago and it was an extreme success.
The Nokia 3310 was one of the most successful phones around when it was launched in 2000. It sold more than 126 million units worldwide and gained a strong hold on every user status thanks to its long battery life, popular Snake game and a rugged build.
One interesting thing about the Nokia 3310 is that it allowed users to send text messages three times longer than the standard SMS text.
Yea, I love that part!
Due to its popularity, HMD Global, the manufacturers behind the new 3310, made a rebranded version of the iconic Nokia 3310 and it cost about 49 euros (£41).
Like it’s original, the new Nokia 3310 will be as durable, and will also come preloaded with the old good stuffs like the Snake game.
The new Nokia has a 3G version which supports faster connectivity, facebook, Twitter etc.
Although the new Nokia 3310 3G version doesn’t officially support WhatsApp Messenger and other popular apps due to the limitations of its S30+ operating system.
The phone still has no Wi-Fi connectivity.
The change does, however, appear to have impacted talk-time battery, with HMD saying the 3G version will offer 6.5 hours of talk-time compared to 22 hours on the non-3G version. It will still have up to 27 days of standby battery.
Unlike the original handset, the modern Nokia 3310 phone will come with a camera and they’ll have colourful cases to give users more choices.
The new 3310 supports FM Radio and will only work with a headset. The 3G version has a 64MB storage while the standard version has 16MB storage.
About the Nokia Tune
The Nokia tune (also called Grande Valse) is a phrase from a composition for solo guitar, Gran Vals, by the Spanish classical guitarist and composer Francisco Tárrega, written in 1902.
The tune first appeared on the Nokia 2110 and still brings back old memories each time it’s heard.
If you have got the new Nokia 3310, below are tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the device.
Tips and Tricks on the new Nokia 3310 feature phone
Based on the fact that this phone has been my little companion for a long while, I will share with you a few tips to help you understand and enjoy the little gadget.
- The Nokia 3310 supports dual SIM and both can work simultaneously without any need to switch them.
- The new Nokia 3310 also supports sending long text messages unlike other feature and smartphones.
- The phone supports Bluetooth technology and 2.5G or 3G if you get the new model.
- The battery on the 2.5G model is super awesome. It goes up to 3days with just a single charge.
- The 3310 supports Micro SD up to 32GB.
- The Nokia 3310’s torch light can be toggled using the up navigation button (double tap) while the phone is unlocked.
- You can play play music, videos and view images on the 3310, from both SD card and the internal storage.
How to Delete Contacts on the new Nokia 3310
For first time users, it might look a little bit tricky to delete contacts on the phone. Here’s how to delete contacts on the new 3310.
- Open the contacts app via the down navigation button.
- Scroll to the contact you wish to remove.
- Click on the options button(at the top left) and select Delete contacts
- Search or move to the contact you wish to delete and click on Mark(middle ok button). If you wish to delete more, scroll and mark the rest of the contacts.
- Press Done(top right button) when you have finished marking the numbers and select Delete
- You will be notified that …contacts have been deleted.
If you would like to know more about the new Nokia 3310, you can ask via the comments box.