Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP recovery and rooting You will need to unlock the bootloader first before you can install TWRP recovery. Then you could root your Redmi Note 5 Pro via TWRP recovery.
- Make sure that your mobile device has at least 80% battery charge.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools installed – Download
- Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP custom recovery – Download
- Create a backup of all the personal data on your device.
- From the home screen, head over to the Settings
- Find the About Phone option (at the top) and open it.
- Find the MIUI version and tap on it 7 times (until you get ‘You’re now a developer’).
- Go back to the main screen of Settings app, and tap into Additional settings. The Developer options will now be available here.
- Now, find the OEM Unlock option, and use its toggle button to enable it.
- Scroll down a little and find the USB debugging option and use its toggle button to enable this too.
- Tap on OK to accept the warning pop-up.
- Now, plug your Redmi Note 5 Pro into the computer and when prompted on the screen, press the ‘OK‘ button on the tab that says ‘Allow USB debugging”.
- First of all, turn off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and wait until the screen turns off completely.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons until you feel the device vibrate and see the screen with FASTBOOT written over it. Once done, let go of the buttons.
- Your device will now be in fastboot mode, so connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Create a new folder on your PC, and let’s call it TWRP folder.
- Place the TWRP file in this folder. It could be any folder anywhere on your computer.
- In the TWRP folder, press the Shift key and then Right Click and select ‘Open command window here” Using the command prompt terminal, type in the command below, which should bring up your connected Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Type in the command to confirm that it is working. Once you run the command below, your device should reboot into TWRP recovery, and if it does, this means the TWRP recovery is working alright on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- If it is, reboot back into the Fastboot mode to install the TWRP permanently. For that, hit the Restart/Reboot option in the main recovery, and then select Reboot Fastboot.
- Now go ahead and type in the command below and hit Enter to begin the flashing process.
- Finish the process by finally typing ‘fastboot reboot‘ to reboot your Redmi Note 5 Pro normally.
- Shut down the device and wait for the screen to turn off completely.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Up button until the device vibrates, at which point you can let go of the buttons.
How to root Redmi Note 5 ProAll we need to do is to flash the SuperSU.zip file via TWRP. Download the SuperSU .zip file or Magisk v16.0 and flash it via TWRP by booting into TWRP, click Install and then select either the SuperSU or Magisk zip file you saved in your device memory. After successfully flashing it, you can reboot back to the system. You can open your apps and you should find either SuperSU or Magisk based on the one you flashed. Credit for this version of TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro goes to Shahan_mik3 and vasishath over at the XDA Forums.]]>