The Xiaomi Mi 6 is a flagship device from the Chinese OEM also known as the iPhone of China, Xiaomi. This device has very high end features and specs which include,
- Android 7.1.1
- 64GB – 128GB ROM
- 5.15 inch screen at 1080×1920 pixels
- 12MP Camera
- 6GB RAM
- 3350mAh battery
- Snapdragon 835 processor.
How To Install TWRP And Root Xiaomi Mi 6
WARNING:KriztekBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage to your Xiaomi Mi 6 while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure the battery is up to 50% charged.
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for Mi 6 – Download
- SuperSU for Xiaomi Mi 6 – Download
- TWRP Recovery 3.1.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6 – Download By ValoXis
- ADB and Fastboot – Download
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Put the downloaded TWRP recovery.img file inside the ADB folder.
- Rename the TWRP file as twrp.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder. To open the command window, hold the shift key on the keyboard and right click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD window.
- Then boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode by executing the following command in CMD and hitting the Enter key after typing the commands.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device should now enter bootloader mode. To confirm if it’s detected properly, type this command
- If you see some digits on the CMD window, that means your device is properly detected in fastboot mode. Now flash the recovery with this command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After successfully flashing TWRP to your Mi 6, reboot your device into recovery mode with this command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
- You are done, you should now be in TWRP recovery.
Steps to Root your Xiaomi Mi 6 via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device via MTP.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery using Volume key and power button combo.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to install SuperSU.
- Now go back to TWRP main screen, click Install again, locate the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and then tap Install as well. Then “Swipe to confirm” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu and you are rooted, plus a custom recovery(TWRP) installed.
If you were able to root your Mi 6 or couldn’t follow up, use the comment box below.]]>