How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM On Elephone P8000
- Download the latest build of CyanogenMod 12.1-20160617-unofficial Android 5.1.1 based Custom ROM for Elephone P8000 and put the zip file in the root of your SDcard – Download
- Download Open-gapps-arm64-5.1-mini-20160708 for Android 5.1 and also save it in the root of your SDcard – Download
- Download Philz_touch Recovery 6.59.0 for Elephone P8000 and save it on your windows PC – Download
- Download and install Mediatek USB Vcom drivers on your windows PC
- Download latest version of Sp flash tool
- Now unpack the Philz_touch Recovery to any location on your PC.
- Open Sp flash tool folder and Launch flashtool.exe
- Click on scatter loading by your right and locate the Philz_touch Recovery folder.
- Open it and select the MT6573 Android scatter.txt
- Sp flash tool will load the recovery which is Philz_touch
- Click on Download
- Power off your Elephone P8000 and then connect it to your PC.
The recovery will be flashed and you will see Download OK.
- Now boot your P8000 into recovery by pressing volume up and power button for about 5 seconds, then select recovery using the volume down button.
- In Philz_touch Recovery 6.59.0, use volume up and down to navigate, power button to select and back button to return. You can also use the touchscreen.
- It’s recommended you backup the current rom in your P8000. Tap or select Backup and Restore, choose Backup To Sdcard or SDcard1(MicroSd) to Backup your stock rom incase you wamt to reverse.
- Now in Philz_touch 6.59.0 menu, tap on Wipe And Format Options, Select Clean To Install New Rom, tap on Yes-Wipe User Data & System
- Go back to the main Menu and select Install Zip, then select Choose zip from Sdcard(internal storage) or Sdcard1(Memory card)
- Locate the cm-12.1-20160617-UNOFFICIAL-p8000.zip and tap on it to begin the installation.
- After installing the ROM, go back and select Install Zip, choose either SDcard or SDcard1 and select the Open-Gapps.zip
- After installation, go back and click on Reboot.
- If you get a prompt to root your phone, please select No!
After about 5 minutes, your Elephone P8000 should be up with CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 based custom ROM with the best customizations ever. You can now download gorgeous themes, tweak the entire system and make your phone look exceptional. Happy flashing!
Got any issue with the ROM or installation, please let us know via the comments.