Pattern lock on Itel and other spreadtrum powered android phones like Mhorse, BML, MBO etc have always proved very stubborn to unlock personally.
If you forget or entered the wrong pin, password or pattern and you are locked out, it becomes really hard to fix it since Itel/spreadtrum devices don’t easily boot into recovery mode like their Mediatek counterparts.
Recently I posted a tutorial on how to wipe spreadtrum Android devices with a simple tool. Check it out. Today I will show you another easy way to factory reset or fix pattern and pin lock on spreadtrum phones especially Itel. This simple trick works on most of the spreadtrum android phones like Itel, MBO, BML, Spreadtrum Tecno clones etc
You might also like: How To Remove Pattern / Pin Lock On SPD Without Losing User Data
With this method, you can save yourself from flashing an incompatible ROM which might even brick your device and make things worst. Using this method to hard reset your Itel or spreadtrum android phone will not in any way replace your firmware.
It will only remove all of your user data and files including security, pattern or pin lock.
Your Itel/Spreadtrum android phone will return to its stock state without any form of pin or pattern lock.
REQUIREMENTS TO HARD RESET ITEL ON PATTERN LOCK OR PIN
- Download Moborobo PC App and install it on your PC – Download
- Download Simple Hardreset and save it in your PC as well – Download
- Power off the Itel/Spreadtrum android phone or remove and reinsert the battery.
- Press volume up and power button together. Release the buttons when the screen lights up with a kind of blank screen.
- Wait for the Test mode screen to come up. The Test mode screen has some options like Full test, Item test, Factory Reset etc.
- Now try to drag down the notification bar from the top of the screen. When you bring it down, click on the Settings icon which will take you to the phone’s settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, move down to About phone and tap on build number five times to enable developer options.
- Go back to developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Go to Security settings or Applications and also enable Installations from Unknown sources.
NoteIf you don’t enable USB debugging, your locked android phone will not be detected by the Moborobo app on your PC.
- Now connect your locked Itel or spreadtrum phone to the PC and select MTP mode if its available.
- On your computer, double click the Simple Factory Reset apk which will be launched by Moborobo. If it doesn’t launch it, right click on the HardReset apk, select Open with, Choose Moborobo as default App to Open apk files.
- When Moborobo pops up, click on Install and keep waiting until your phone is detected and Moborobo daemon is installed on your Itel/spreadtrum android phone.
- When Moborobo shows completed in the app installation window, Go to your phone’s Settings again and Open Apps. In the Next menu, select to view All Apps. Scroll down and open the Simple Factory Reset app.
- Click on Go to app.
- The app will launch. Select Factory reset and press yes to activate it as a device administrator.
Having trouble following the above steps, please take some time to watch the video I made.
Please share and also drop your comments.