I keep jumping from one web browser to the other on both my PC and my sweet Android phone. To show you how far I can jump, I even use Windows Internet Explorer to do some surfing.
Well, Mozilla Firefox is one of my favourite web browsers on both mobile and PC.
So, I use more than one web browser to visit sites that will need my login details before accessing them.
Like most good web browsers, Mozilla Firefox also has the feature of securely saving your login details(usernames and passwords) for every site you visit.
But, it doesn’t just start saving logins, it will politely request for your permission to help you save your usernames and passwords.
Hope you will allow it.
Like most internet users who browse the web without knowing there’s a history tab, a good number of people aren’t aware of the fact that they can find or recover their saved passwords or login details inside the web browser itself.
If you have recently done a password reset, then you might be guilty of being ignorant too.
Oh, that’s why you are still reading this tasty tutorial. Thank you!
The same way you can save your passwords for sites on Google Chrome browser and still recover it, Mozilla Firefox also does the same cool stuff and in a very simple way.
After this, you shouldn’t always be hitting the reset/forgot password link on your favorite sites, unless it’s your hobby.
Now, let’s quickly but slowly learn something really cool about Mozilla Firefox web browser.
How To Recover Saved Passwords In Mozilla Firefox
To quickly find or recover your saved login credentials on Firefox, follow this steps:
- While smiling, open your Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Click on the options button at the top right of your computer screen or web browser.
- Click on Privacy and Security
- Click on Saved Logins, under exceptions
- It will now display all the websites you have visited with your usernames in the middle.
- Click on Show Passwords
- All the passwords for the websites in the list will be displayed at once.
- Click on the confirmation (Yes) to view the saved passwords
- Once you click on yes, it would now display all the websites and their saved username and password.
- You can now view your saved passwords from the list.
There’s also an option to import your saved usernames and passwords from other browsers. If you do this, make sure the browser is not accessible to any other person.
Finding your saved username and passwords is easier with Mozilla Firefox.
Don’t forget to toggle on the feature to allow automatic saving of your login details whenever you visit a new site or modify your login details.
Consider reading these articles: