The Lenovo Vibe K5 is a great smartphone from the Chinese multinational technology company, Lenovo.
It was released April, 2016. Its has great specs which includes 2gb ram, Snapdragon 415 processor, 5.0” screen at 720*1280 pixels, 13mp camera that can record at 1080p, 2750mAh Li-ion battery, and Android 5.1 Lollipop to spice it up.
Like all powerful phones, you always get the very best out of it when you root it. Rooting your phone opens it to a world of extreme possibilities. Like using stylish fonts, installing custom roms, backing up your Android incase there is a software issue, installing custom recoveries like TWRP, CWM etc.
Recommended for you: How to root and install TWRP recovery on Itel 1505
If you want to know how how to install one of the best custom recoveries(TWRP) on your Lenovo Vibe K5 and get root access, just read on gradually.
How To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Lenovo Vibe K5
Here are the procedures to follow and requirements.
Its time to flash the TWRP Recovery 3.0 to your Vibe K5. To do this, boot your Lenovo Vibe K5 into bootloader mode or fastboot mode.
HOW TO BOOT LENOVO VIBE K5 INTO FASTBOOT/BOOTLOADER MODE
- Enable USB debugging on your vibe k5, then connect it to your PC.
- Accept any prompt.
- Download Fastboot/Adb tool
- Open the Fastboot/Adb tool folder, then press SHIFT key, right click and select open command prompt here.
- Now in the Command prompt window, type adb devices then hit enter.
- Your device id should show. Now type adb reboot bootloader and tap enter. Your device should now be in fastboot/bootloader mode
Good, you can now flash the Twrp recovery using the below commands.
Place the TWRP Recovery in the adb/fastboot folder.To temporarily boot this recovery: fastboot boot twrp.img
To permanently flash it: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
FLASH SUPERSU ZIP v2.46 TO LENOVO VIBE K5 VIA TWRP.
- Place the downloaded SuperSU zip file in your sdcard
- In the recovery menu, tap install zip from sdcard.
- Locate the SuperSU zip v2.46 and tap on it.
- Wait for installation to complete.
- Your Vibe K5 should be rooted after the successful installation.
Rooting your phone may void your waranty or brick your phone. Carefully follow instructions at your own risk.
Avoid any OTA updates while on root access.
Got issues, please use the comments section below, if not share the post.