I love using my Huawei Mobile WiFi to surf the internet because of its portability and ease of use. It has been my best friend and will always be. Well, today it decided to give me some hectic moments when I needed an internet connection so so much.
I had an issue with connecting to it. After seeing under network connections, it refused to connect. I remembered someone accidentally threw my system and the CD Drive came out. I was even thinking something was wrong from the board.
But, why would it even see the WiFi network and then fail to connect? That’s what gave me some hope.
Well, it happens most times when your computer tells you it couldn’t connect to the WiFi Hotspot. If you have seen such errors, here is a very simple fix I found that saved me from Googling it. Haha!
So when I tried connecting to my Glo Mobile WiFi, I got an error that said “Windows was unable to connect to Glo Mobile WiFi”
Yes, it didn’t connect. I had to leave it angrily until the next day because I was extremely tired and hungry.
Okay, someone just told me to cut the story and hit the nail on the head.
If you get this error when you try to connect to a known WiFi network, it’s annoying but will only take a little patience and some clicks, you will get it solved and connected.
Let’s see how to fix troubleshoot the WiFi connection fail errors on Windows.
- Make sure you know the password of the WiFi network if it’s secured.
- Make sure the number of connections at a time hasn’t been reached.
- Check if the name matches what you see on your Windows computer.
If the above is okay but you still get the WiFi connection error, here’s another trick that works.
This trick works because most times, we allow the computer to automatically connect to the WiFi network as soon as it’s visible. So, since the password has been saved, the computer will connect to the WiFi network. But when it fails, then something isn’t right.
Now, this is what I did to fix the WiFi connection error issue.
- Make sure the maximum number of connections hasn’t been reached.
- Click on the network tray in your computer’s notification bar.
- Right-Click on the network and select Properties
- Click on Show characters
- Now input the password of the WiFi network correctly into the network security key option
- Click on OK.
You can then reconnect to the network and it should connect successfully.
This error could be caused by so many factors like:
- Wrong password
- Maximum number of connections reached
- Wrong WiFi connection name
- Distance and a whole lot of others
If you were able to fix your WiFi network connection issue, please let us know via the comments box or share other solutions with us.