Did you notice that your MTK (Mediatek) smartphone is displaying no bars in the network area, but, the SIMs and network names are showing? Well, the problem is actually a missing, unknown or corrupt NVRAM which actually contains your imei numbers. So that’s why you are seeing a Null /Unknown IMEI. This problem often occurs after flashing or formating your Mediatek phone via sp flashtool. Sometimes it could (on rare occasions) occur randomly or when you format the emmc via factory mode.(Volume down + power button)
[su_heading size=”24″]Fix Unknown IMEI on an MTK Android running on Android 6 (Marshmallow [/su_heading]
Steps to fix IMEI on MTK device running on Android 6
- Root the phone. Try latest version of Kingroot or Iroot on a windows PC or any working rooting method.
- Download and install Chamelephon APK and then launch it.
- You should now be on the home screen
- Input the correct IMEI Numbers (on the back of the phone after taking out the battery) and click Apply New IMEIs.
- Once prompted to confirm changing of IMEI, tap Change
- Reboot the phone. Warning!
Changing your original IMEI number to something else is illegal. Please do it at your own risk.