Welcome to a new year and we hope to have a good sailing all through the year In God’s name. In this tutorial, you are going to learn how to download files from Google Drive that show errors due to too much access/traffic to the link or it has been restricted.
You should already know that Google Drive is one of the most popular online cloud storage services. It’s mostly used by those who upload files to the cloud for easy file sharing, safety, and management.
Apart from being fast, it’s secured and free wit just 15GB initially.
As I said, you may have tried to download files from google drive links and you encountered errors like:
- Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time
- Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently
- Google drive quota exceeded
- We’re sorry but you can not view or download this file at this time
Even if you know how to add to drive and make a copy as well, you may encounter errors like can’t change settings or unable to open document. Reason: internal error occurred. Please try later.
Here are two important reasons why you can’t download some files from Google Drive
- It normally happens to links which everyone/a lot of people got access to, and the error does occur because of too much traffics from the visitors.
- The error sometimes occurs because the uploader restricted the number of people that can have access to it..
Now let’s go to the tutorial in full.
How To Fix Google Drive Download Errors
In this tutorial, I will use my phone to do all the screenshots because most of us use our phone to download files from Google drive
- Copy your google drive link to the browser, especially a browser that has view Desktop site option
- Add to your google drive; here you must have a working email you have opened on that browser
, if you don’t have the working one, an error like unable to add this document will occur.
- Now go to drive, then to locate Recent to see the link you have added
- Make a copy of the link to your Google drive as illustrated below.
- Go to that copied link, click on the vertical three dots, you will see that link sharing is OFF.
- Turn it on by clicking on it. You will see it turning on immediately, so you can download it with any browser of your choice with your copied link as illustrated below.
But sometimes errors like, can’t change settings do occur. When it occurs, all you have to do is to get a different email, as illustrated below which leads us to part B of this tutorial.
How To Fix Unable To Turn On Settings
On my phone, I have like 3 to 4 different browsers. One of the reasons I installed them is because of this Google drive file download errors.
I used my Mozilla Firefox app in this tutorial.
First step: Log in with a new Gmail account in the new browser you are using. If you don’t have, create a new Gmail account.
Second step: Open the link you want to download from, on the same browser, go to Settings, select view Desktop site option, then click the triangle sign icon to Add to drive.
Third step: Add your new Gmail account to your old drive, to make a copy to google drive
Fourth step: Turn on link sharing by clicking on the three vertical dots, then get the link.
You can now download with any browser of your choice.