For some of us who like taking the laws of flashing MTK phones into our hands, this tutorial on how to fix ERROR STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE_NEEDED (0xc0030012) error and others is for you.
With Mediatek secure devices comes a lot of popular terms and fears. Servicing MTK secure boot devices actually needs care unless you’re like us who want to see the other side of the story first.
If youre following all the updates on MTK secure boot devices like Tecno, Infinix, Itel and other popular brands, you should be conversant with terms like:
The last one is why we are going to stick around here for a while.
If you accidentally formated an MTK secure boot device like Tecno LA7 or an Infininx etc, you will end up not only needing a DA FILE, SP Flashtool will request for an auth file to be able to continue.
These auth/authentication files for MTK devices are very rare and almost impossible to get for every device out there.
So, this is a short guide to help you fix a dead MTK secure boot device after bricking it by formating the device.
The ERROR STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE_NEEDED (0xc0030012) error is shown when you format a secured boot MTK device.
Newer MTK chipsets come with more security and these kinda give issues if done without care.
So, if you get error related auth file for SP Flashtool, this could be your lucky day.
To make this as simple as possible, we wouldn’t complicate the steps.
This tutorial will work for your MTK devices that are completely dead after formating with any tool, Miracle box, SP Flash tool, NCK etc.
How to Fix ERROR STATUS SEC AUTH FILE NEEDED on MTK secure Boot device
Now, let us begin. Every step is very important unless you want to bury the dead.
- Install MTK USB VCOM Drivers on your computer manually
- Download the stock signed factory firmware for your MTK secure boot device. We have them, paid and free
- Download the latest version of Aftersale Software Softwaredownloadv4.1901.23.17_for_AfterSales
- Exrract the downloaded file into a folder
- Inside the folder, click on the green icon/ SWD_AfterSales
- Once the tool loads up, click on the Settings/gear icon
- On the next popup, click on Load
- Now locate the scatter file inside the factory signed firmware for your dead secure boot MTK device
- Select the MT6xxx scatter file to load it
- Under the flashing methods, select Firmware Upgrade
- Click on Confirm
- The tool will now load the firmware
- Click on the play ▶ or Start icon to get ready for flashing.
- There will be a checksum verification of the file. Once done, you will see a success notification.
- Now connect the USB cable to your MTK secure boot device
- The tool will recognize your dead MTK secure boot device, make a DA connection, format it, and then load a fresh firmware.
- It would take a while to get done
- You should see a PASS notification once everything is flashed successfully.
You can now happily disconnect your bricked MTK device and charge it or power it on if it was charged.
Note, you don’t need a DA file or Auth file to get this to work.
If you get any of the following errors:
- brom error status_brom_cmd_send_da_fail (0xc0060005)
- brom error s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060005)
- brom error s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060001)
- status brom cmd fail (0xc0060003)
- status sec auth file needed
- error status_brom_cmd_fail 0xc0060005
- error status_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail
- error status sec auth file needed
- Open the device and disconnect the battery. Remember not to cut the fingerprint reader.
- While the battery is disconnected, click on the Start or play button of Software Downloader
- Press and hold Volume Down button and connect the USB cable.
- Keep it pressed until the connection is started and flashing begins.
- Let go once its progressing.
- Flashing should take some time and then complete
After this, you will need to repair/write back the IMEI on the secured boot MTK device using this tutorial. You can check the IMEI using *#06# to confirm.
If you are facing any issues, just drop a comment.