Yes, it’s your device’s stock ROM/firmware and after successfully loading the scatter file, clicking the appropriate download button and hoping the files will be flashed via SP flashtool, it pops up the error – BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011).
We have also talked about a very popular error when flashing firmwares to MTK devices. Error 4032, Enable DRAM Failed.
Well, like most other errors in SP Flashtool, the S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE is common but can also be fixed.
But, why would you get that error when you are trying to flash the stock ROM of your device or a firmware backup you read from the same kind of device(a working one)?
The truth is, SP Flashtool or whatever tool you are using can’t lie. Yes, it tells you why it doesn’t work.
The firmware you are trying to flash to your MTK device is larger than the available space allocated for the firmware in the phone’s ROM.
So, your device has a predefined space of 4GB to accommodate the firmware files and you are sending a firmware of 4GB plus. Where do you expect the remaining storage space to appear from?
Most times, the PMT structure isn’t well made to allow you to flash the required firmware. It could be a hardware fault or just one of those verifiable reasons I can’t mention right now.
I will just let you know how to easily fix S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011) on SP Flashtool.
I have always had this issue and I am sharing the solution to it. Below is a step by step guide on how to fix BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE on SP Flshtool.
You should endeavor to follow this quick tutorial step by step. If one doesn’t work, move to the next one.
- Make sure you are using the original, stock or factory firmware of the MTK device that you are trying to flash.
- Make sure you have a backup of the current firmware in the device before proceeding. Just in-case
- Make sure the build number of the device matches the firmware you are using.*
- Download and use the latest version of SP Flashtool
- If your firmware has some partitions that aren’t available in the firmware but ticked in SP Flashtool, untick them and retry flashing.
- If your firmware has userdata and cache in the firmware, please untick them and try flashing the core firmware files without userdata and cache
- Untick every other firmware part and flash only the system.img
- If the above don’t fix it and you don’t have the userdata and cache in the available files, click on Download and try using Firmware Upgrade or Format All + Download
- Didn’t work? Click on the Format Tab
- Select/tick Format whole Flash except Bootloader
- Click Start and connect your MTK device.
- After format is done, try flashing the firmware files with or without Preloader, Userdata or Cache
- If it doesn’t still work, click on the Format Tab
- Select/tick Format whole Flash and click the Start button before connecting your device.
- Once the formatting is done, go to the Download Tab and select just the Preloader file first and flash it.
- After the preloader.bin has been successfully flashed to your device, tick the rest of the firmware files and flash as well.
With these steps, you can easily fix or solve the SP Flashtool BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011) error.
If you still can’t fix the BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011) error on SP Flashtool, kindly drop a comment or share your success story.