Did you know apart from using a Modem or an external WiFi Hotspot, you can still browse on your PC just with your Android phone?
Well, browsing via our PC is very common and sometimes gives you more functions or features.
Apart from using PCs to access the Internet, smartphones tend to take the lead these days. Mobile devices are easy to carry, easy to access and provide faster Internet connection on the go.
This is why the number of users accessing the Internet via smartphones is increasingly on the high side.
Well, if you are like me who loves checking out more ways of doing the same thing, then you should read on.
Below are just the different ways you can use your PC to access the Internet just with your Android phone.
All you need is a working PC and a cool Android smartphone like mine. ?
How To Browse On Your PC Via Your Android Phone
- Is your Android smartphone’s screen not big enough?
- Do you need a more powerful device to access the Internet?
- Or just have to download a file or document directly to your PC?
Whatever your reasons are, here are the different ways you can have Internet access on your PC just via your Android phone.
Browse On Your PC Via A WiFi Hotspot
One of the most popular way you can browse on your PC via your Android phone is through the WiFi Hotspot feature.
The WiFi hotspot feature on your Android phone allows you to share your device’s internet connection/mobile data with other devices(laptops, tablets, game consoles, etc) or anything that can connect to a Wi-Fi network.
So, to use the mobile hotspot feature on your Android phone, follow the steps below.
- Turn on your mobile data and make sure you have a data plan.
- Turn on the Portable Mobile Hotspot on your device via the from the notification bar. If you can’t find it, then go to your Settings, under Wireless & Networks, click on Portable hotspot and then tap on the toggle to switch it on.
Your Mobile Hotspot will mostly use the name of your device and you can still customize it with any name you want. Since the Hotspot is open and visible to any device with WiFi, you might want to secure your Mobile Hotspot with a password.
To secure your Android phone’s mobile hotspot, click on Set up Wi-Fi hotspot, change the Security from None to WPA 2PSK.
Now, under the Password area, enter your desired password which should be up to eight characters and then hit the button to save it.
Any device that tries to connect to the hotspot will need to input the password to gain access. You can also limit the number of connections to your hotspot to just 1 or more devices.
To browse on your PC via the hotspot on your Android phone, your PC needs to have WiFi installed or enabled.
- Turn on the WiFi/Wireless connection on your PC with the corresponding button or hardware key.
- Click on the network icon in the taskbar and look at the list of available WiFi hotspot
- Click on yours and tap the connect button
- You will then be asked to enter the hotspot password you initially setup
- Once it’s entered correctly, you can comfortably use the mobile data on your phone to browse the internet on your PC.
You can disconnect the PC from the mobile hotspot any time you wish via the wireless settings on your PC.
Browse On Your PC Via Bluetooth Tethering
Your Android phone can share your Internet connection via Bluetooth to other supported devices. Unlike the mobile hotspot, you can not secure the Bluetooth tethering with a password.
To browse on your PC via your Android phone via Bluetooth tethering, all you need is a PC with Bluetooth enabled or installed and your Android phone too.
- Turn on your mobile data on your Android phone
- Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks> More > Bluetooth Tethering and then tap the toggle to turn on Bluetooth tethering on the Android phone
- Turn on your PC’s wireless connection too
- Click on the Bluetooth icon in your taskbar and search for your Android device Bluetooth name
- Once found, connect to it and accept any prompt or request on the PC as well as your Android device
- Once done, you will see a notification that the connection was successful
- You can now browse on your PC just via Android phones Bluetooth tethering feature
Browse On Your PC Via USB Tethering
Finally, you can comfortably browse on your PC via your Android phone without Bluetooth or WiFi but via the USB. This is one method to share your Android phone’s Internet connection that a lot of Android users do not know.
It can be useful when your PC does not have any WiFi or Bluetooth hardware installed or some other reason.
So, how does USB tethering on an Android phone works?
USB tethering actually shares your Android phone’s Internet connection to another device(computer) via a USB connection.
So all you need is a data cable, your Android phone and a PC with good USB ports.
So, how do you browse on your PC via your Android phone’s USB tethering feature?
- Turn on your Android phone’s mobile data connection
- You must connect your Android phone to the PC via a USB cable to enable the USB tethering feature
- Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks> More > USB Tethering and then tap the toggle to turn on USB tethering on the Android phone
- Your PC will then install some necessary network related drivers and then connect successfully to your Android phone
As long as the USB tethering option is on and the USB is connected to your Android phone, your computer will be using the mobile data on your Android phone.
Once connected and drivers installed, you will only need to connect the USB cable next time and then turn on USB tethering.
With all these options/ways of sharing your Android phone’s internet connection to your PC, you won’t have any issue browsing on a PC without a USB modem or MiFi.
Here are some more interesting contents to check out.