Bad USB Cable
Bad USB PortThe USB Port of your spreadtrum phone is the gateway to and from your phones system. Having a faulty one would lead to errors and might even cause electrical damages. Make sure the USB port is clean, firm and working properly.
Bad Battery Connector
Upgrade/Research Waiting Error FixLike so many other phones, Spreadtrum phones usually need a boot key or combo to enable the computer detect it. This combo is just to press Volume Up or sometimes Volume Down before connecting the phone via USB to the PC.
Before proceeding, try to power the phone and see if the volume buttons are working. If not, proceed.
- Carefully dismantle the phone and get access to the volume buttons, where its soldered on the panel.
- Use a soldering iron or metal (if convenient) to bridge the volume up or down button directly on the phone’s panel.
- Now connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable. It should now connect and flashing will begin. If it doesn’t, check the connections or try the other volume button.
- After flashing, you can now disconnect the bridge in the volume buttons.
How To Easily Connect SPD For Flashing
Well I mostly do this and that gets the phone connected immediately
- Make sure Spreadtrum USB drivers are properly installed.
- Make sure you know the boot key (Volume buttons, Call button etc)
- Remove the battery(if it’s easily removable)
- Connect the USB to the phone and click on the button to start the flashing process.
- Now hold the boot key before slotting in the battery.
- The flashing process will begin almost immediately if the drivers are installed and the correct boot key is held down.
If you find this post helpful, please share and drop your comments as well.