If you have encountered the error relating to a missing Checksum.ini file in your firmware, then here is a quick fix.
The Checksum.ini file sometimes contained in some firmware and serves to verify the integrity of the firmware(to verify the firmware has not been tampered with)
This file is important and that’s why the SP multidownload tool, SP Flashtool or Aftersales Software Downloader will request for a checksum.ini file.
How To Fix Checksum.ini File Error
The checksum.ini error could be fix by adding a matching checksum.ini file to the firmware folder you are flashing from. This will require you to download and Checksum.ini file Generator and then use it to generate a compatible Checksum.ini file.
The Checksum.ini file generator exe file should be placed in the root folder of the firmware and then launched. It will take a while depeneding on the file size of the firmware.
Although this might sound stressful, here are some quick ways to get it done.
- Open SP Flash Tool or Aftersales Software Downloader folder
- Look for the file, “Checksum.ini“
- Open it with a text editor like Notepad ++
- Look for the line with CHECKSUM_SWITCH=1 and change it to CHECKSUM_SWITCH=0
This should permanently fix the error.
If you still get the error especially via Aftersales Software Downloader, you can do this to fix the error.
- Go to the Aftersales Software Downloader folder
- Open CommonSettings.ini with a text editor
- Change the value of Checksum from 1 to 0 and then save the changes.
You can now reopen the software to fix your MTK phone without the checksum.ini error popping out.