FINGERPRINT SCANNERS ON SMARTPHONES
THE ADVANTAGES OF FINGERPRINT SCANNERS ON SMARTPHONES
- There are affordable and used in more smartphones. Getting a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor wouldn’t cost much.
- Good user experience is always gotten on a smartphone with a finger print sensor.
- You can add multiple fingers to the fingerprint database which gives you more convenience when unlocking your phone with your finger prints.
- Fingerprint data can be securely encrypted. E.g on Apple Iphones with fingerprint sensors.
- The most recent fingerprint print sensors on smartphones(Ultrasonic Scanners from Qualcomm) are extremely secured.
- You can use your finger to unlock your device no matter the time of the day. Morning, afternoon or evening, you can comfortable unlock your smartphone using your finger(s)
- Fingerprint sensors on smartphones are socially acceptable and standardized.
- Fingerprint sensors are the most economical personal computer user authentication technique.
- Fingerprint scanners on smartphones don’t consume a lot of memory space to save or authenticate its resources.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF FINGERPRINT SENSORS/SCANNERS ON SMARTPHONESNo matter how tight a security element might be, it’s prone to have some loopholes, flaws or irregularities. Fingerprint print scanners aren’t exceptional in this case.
- It might not work at first attempt unless you position your thumb or the required finger properly on the sensor.
- Wet and dirty fingers will not work easily or at first attempt.
- Scars, dirtiness, injuries, scratches and other skin flaws can reduce its efficacy.
- Some fingerprint sensors might not be able to distinguish between real and fake fingers.
- Its not recommended for little children since their fingers have a natural tendency to grow fast.