I posted a tutorial sometime ago on removing Itel pattern lock which might not be very easy for some users to implement, so I think this one might be the easiest way to factory reset an Itel that’s locked.
This method utilizes ADB/FASTBOOT to get access to the locked Itel. All you need to do is to turn on USB debugging in developer options.
But since we can’t access the phone’s SETTINGS because it’s locked, that’s where ADB comes in. If you are locked out from your Itel/Spreadtrum phone because you forgot your pattern, password or pin, you might try this before resorting to flashing the Itel phone.
REQUIREMENTS TO ENABLE YOU FACTORY RESET AN ITEL PHONE VIA ADB/FASTBOOT
First of all, Download and Install the latest version of Minimal Adb/Fastboot Version 1.4 to your PC. You should find a shortcut to the app on your desktop after the installation. [Tick/Mark create shortcut during installation]
STEPS TO EASILY RESET YOUR LOCKED ITEL SPD VIA ADB
- Power off your Itel phone or reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold both Volume down and Power button. When the screen lights up or display the boot logo, let go of the Power button while still pressing down the volume key. You’ll be in the test mode screen. Use the drop-down notification menu to access the phone’s SETTINGS.
- In settings, go to developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Launch Minimal ADB/FASTBOOT as an admin.
- Now connect your locked Itel/Spreadtrum phone via a USB cable to the PC and select MTP mode if its available.
- If you get any USB Debugging prompt on your phone, please select OK.
- In the Minimal ADB/Fastboot interface[CMD Command Prompt] that you have launched, after typing each of the codes below, press the Enter key on your PC. The first code or command to type is;
- This command is to check if your device is properly detected.Your device’s ID will now show under list of devices attached.
- If it shows, type this command and press enter as well.
adb reboot recovery
- Your Itel phone should now boot into recovery mode where you will have an option to perform a factory reset.
- If you see an Android logo with no command, press the power button or volume button to enter the recovery menu.
- In recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset and accept by selecting Yes– delete all user data
- You can now select reboot to boot up the phone.
|Click on the image to view the ADB commands|
- If after typing adb reboot recovery and the phone just reboots back to the home screen, don’t worry, just launch Minimal ADB/Fastboot and type this command:
- This command will reboot your Itel Android into fastboot mode and you should see fastboot mode written on your screen.
- You can then type this to verify your device is still detected in fastboot mode.
- If your device id shows, just type the command below to factory reset the Itel phone. Always press enter after each command.
fastboot erase userdata
- After a short while, your device will factory reset and you will see Done.
- Now type this to reboot the device.
- Just wait, your device will now boot up without any pattern or pin lock.
Got issues with the steps, kindly use the comments box.