With Android taking charge of the mobile operating system currently trending, each Android user is expected to have a Google account. Apart from having a Google account just because you use an Android phone, a lot of people just get a Google account to access their super awesome Gmail email service.
Like every personal online account, it carries your info, unless you are using fake details which I believe you wouldn’t do. Your account will always have your name, address, other emails, phone, ID, and most importantly, your profile picture.
Having a Google account/Gmail account without your profile picture is like looking a the back of a mirror. It’s a mirror but you won’t see yourself at all.
Having a profile picture makes your account look very unique and personalized everywhere on the web. People get to know you or your brand quickly if you have a logo or a profile picture. So, if you aren’t using a personalized profile picture on your Google account/Gmail, its high time you do it.
There are no excuses whether you don’t know how to do it or just can’t figure it out. I will show you how to change your Google account/Gmail profile picture in a matter of seconds. It’s easy, fast and cool!
The only drawback could be if your profile photo isn’t ready yet. But, knowing how to do it is very important.
How To Change Your Google Account/Gmail Profile Picture
- Login to your Google Account @ https://myaccount.google.com/
- Click on the middle icon that carries your name or the older Google account profile picture
- You can then select to manually upload photos from your computer or choose the photos in your Google account.
- Go to the location where your photo for the Google account or Gmail profile picture is located.
- To get a very cool photo that will fit correctly without being resized/cropped, try using a photo with 1920 *1080 resolution.
- Once the photo has been selected, click open and the photo will be uploaded.
- That is all you need to do to change your Gmail account or Gmail profile picture.
It will now be visible on the entire web where ever your email or account is used.
To change your Google account/Gmail profile picture on Android
- Visit your Google account profile @ https://myaccount.google.com/ on your Android phone.
- Login using your correct Google account details of the account you wish to change its profile picture.
- Click on your profile icon at the top right of your screen.
- Select the change icon.
- Locate the image/photo you wish to use as your Google account profile picture and select it.
- It will then be uploaded and you can then use it as your Gmail/Google account profile picture.
FAQs about changing Google account/Gmail profile picture
- Do I need to change my profile picture for all my Google accounts/services individually?
No. Since you only need one Google account to access all of Google services like Gmail, YouTube, Map, Translate etc, you will only need to change your Google account profile picture and it will affect every Google service that you use.
- What if I have multiple Google accounts?
If you have multiple Google accounts, you will have to manually change the profile picture of each account separately. Each Google account is unique and will be treated as a different account even if it’s owned by a single person.
- Is it possible to use a different profile pictures for my YouTube account and Gmail/other Google services?
Provided it’s the same Google account, you can only use one photo to represent your entire personality on all the Google services you use.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and also share the post. You can check out more of our cool contents below.