It’s very possible and useful to bypass your forgotten Android security(Password, Pattern, Pin) without losing user data. Like every phone owner, it’s always very frustrating to have to wipe your device via recovery just because you could not figure out the password.
Bypassing Forgotten Android Security Lock Via Custom Recovery
This method is very quick and easy but you have to get one important file installed on your Android smartphone. To use this method, you must have a working custom recovery installed on your phone. You can do a Google search or ask via the comments box for a custom recovery for your Android phone. Installing a custom recovery wouldn’t wipe your data and might need an unlocked bootloader on some devices. So if you have successfully installed a custom recovery, here are what you will do next.
- Download and copy Aroma File manager.zip to your memory card and insert it in the device.
- Now boot into your custom recovery, (TWRP, CWM, Philz etc) using the correct button combination. (Press volume Up + Power button or it can be different according to the phone). For Samsung devices, it’s mostly Volume Up, Home and Power button. Google yours if you are stuck.
- Once in the recovery menu, Check in Advanced or find an option called “Mount”.
- Now select the partitions there to be mounted. – System, data and cache
- Based on your recovery type, select “update”or install Zip and select SD card or “apply update from SD/external”
- In the SD card directory, locate and select the aroma file manger.zip file that you downloaded.
- Once it’s installed, the aroma file manger will open.
- In aroma File manager , Go to menu , which is located in bottom select Settings.
- Go to bottom and select “mount all partition in startup ” then exit from aroma file manger.
- Now after exit , re-update that aroma file again and it will open again.
- In the directory, Go to data >> and then System.
- Carefully scroll down until you find ‘gesture.key’ (for pattern lock) or ’password.key’ (for password lock).
- Select it or long press on gesture.key or password.key and in the options, select delete and accept any prompt. Once done, you should see a success message.
- Install your devices custom recovery(the latest is always recommended)
- Boot into recovery using the right key combos
- Go to Mount or check inside Advanced
- Mount System, data and cache
- Go back and select File Manager
- Select data and then System
- In the files, locate and delete gesture.key and password.key
- Go back and reboot your device, you won’t have any of those locks again.
- Download this file, Pattern-Password-disable.zip into your SD card (using your PC, as you practically can’t get into your phone.
- Insert the SD card into your phone
- Reboot into recovery mode
- Flash the zip using the install option.
- Reboot and that’s all.
Bypassing Forgotten Android Security Lock Via APKThis method is very easyand has been used on several devices, mostly SPD devices. You can try it on yours too. All you need to do is to download an app called ScreenLockReset If you are done with the download, please proceed with the instructions.
- Download and save the file(ScreenLockReset) on another phone or PC.
- Power off your Android phone
- For some SPD devices – Press down both volume up and power button together.
- Release the both buttons after 5 seconds or when the screen lights up. It will bring up the test mode screen.
- Open Settings via the drop down notifications
- Turn on Bluetooth and enable installation from unknown sources in security settings.
- Send the downloaded apk to your locked phone.
- Install and open it.
- Tap on ScreenLock Reset.
- Select yes and the process will be done.
- Your phone’s lock pattern will be removed without deleting user data.
Bypassing Forgotten Android Security Lock Via ADBMost people donot have ADB turned on before the security lock issue comes up. But if you are fortunate to have ADB working, then you can give this a shot. Make sure you have ADB drivers installed on your PC. All you have to do is to open a CMD prompt window inside the ADB folder or anywhere(if you have system wide ADB installed) and then continue with the steps below.
- Connect your phone to the Computer via USB while it’s turned on.
- Open a terminal window/CMD.
- Type the following commands/codes and hit enter after each line
adb devices adb shell cd data/system su rm *.keyor you can use this command
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
adb shell rm /data/system/password.key