Unfortunately, not everyone can afford the $800 Samsung S8 or the over $700 iPhone 7. It sucks, I know. But there are many smartphones on the market that will cater for your needs at affordable prices. Here are best smartphones under $200 released in 2017:
Best Smartphones under $200 Released In 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Source: Android Central Moto G5 Plus is a budget smartphone that does not compromise on quality. Here are its features: Design G5 Plus has a trimmed design and glossy bezels that have a metallic effect. The phone comes in lunar gray and gold. The rear is made of brushed metal that offers a good grip. Display This phone has a 5.2-inch Full HD display. It has a readable IPS display and an option to change the color of the screen. Other features
- G5 runs Android Nougat.
- This phone has Google stock apps and an app called Moto which holds cool features.
- Swipe-activated fingerprint scanner.
- Use Google Assistant to give voice commands.
- This phone runs Bluetooth 4.2, Snapdragon 625, and Adreno 506 GPU.
- G5 has a 3.5 millimeter headphone jack.
- A 3,000mAh battery capacity.
- G5 features a 12MP rear camera with an f/1.7 aperture sensor and the camera’s software is fast.
- Videos can be shot in 4K and 1080p at 30fps.
- Great design and value.
- Its look and phone could pass for a high-end phone.
- Non-removable battery.
- Average camera performance.
ZTE Blade Z Max
Source: BuzzaBe ZTE Blade Z Max is ideal for people who love large phones. Here are its features: Design This phone has textured rear which makes less likely to slip off your hands. It also has a rear fingerprint sensor that is easy to reach. The left side of the device holds a Micro SD card slot and a SIM tray while the right holds the volume button and power button. The bottom part of the device features a USB-C port and a headphone jack. Screen This phone has 6-inch 1920×1080 IPS display. The panel features 367 pixels for each inch resolution. Other features
- Z Max supports 5 LTE bands and Wi-Fi is supported on 2.4GHz band only.
- It runs Bluetooth 4.2 and there is no NFC.
- Call quality is average, the earpiece volume is loud, and the back-facing speaker can be muffled with the hand.
- Z Max runs Snapdragon 435 which has a speed of 1.4 GHz.
- It has 2GB RAM which can handle most apps.
- This phone has a battery capacity of 4,080mAh. It also supports fast charging.
- Z Max has dual cameras, one with a 16MP sensor and the other with a 2MP sensor. There are some cool features such as Bokeh mode and color catcher which highlights one color and makes everything else black and white.
- Features such as exposure and ISO can be adjusted manually.
- This phone runs Android 7.1 Nougat. 21GB internal storage is available.
- Large battery capacity.
- Dual camera sensors.
- Current Android software.
- Some bloatware.
- The size might be too big for some.
Asus ZenFone3 Laser
Source: Asus ZenFone Laser3 is another budget phone with these features: Design This phone has an aluminum body which feels high-quality. Its curved edges make it easy to hold. It features a fingerprint sensor at the back below the camera lens. Screen This phone has a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3. The display also features a black border which is barely noticeable. You can also access color customization options. Other features
- This phone runs Snapdragon 430 and has 2GB RAM which makes it difficult to multitask.
- There is a dual-SIM slot and a Micro SD slot which support a maximum of 128GB. However, the 32GB internal storage will probably be sufficient for most people.
- Laser3 has a headphone jack and lacks NFC.
- The battery capacity of this phone is 3,000mAh and it support Quick Charge 3.0.
- The rear camera is a 12 megapixel lens with an f/2.0 aperture sensor.
- Laser3 runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Great design.
- Reliable battery life.
- No NFC.
- Camera performance is not the best.
Moto E4 Plus
Source: Digit E4 Plus is ideal for anyone who wants a long battery life. Here are its features: Design and display E4 Plus has an attractive design with a 5.5-inch LCD 720p display. It has a fingerprint sensor at the bottom of the screen. It has a plastic body that comes in gray or gold. Other features
- This phone runs Snapdragon 427 and features 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage.
- It runs Android 7.1.1.
- E4 Plus has a 13 megapixel rear camera and a 5MP front-facing camera.
- This phone has a battery capacity of 5,000mAh.
- Long battery life.
- Average screen resolution.
Huawei Honor 6X
Source: EU Direct Honor 6X has these features: Design & Display This phone has a metal body with a fingerprint reader at the rear. It also has a headphone jack and a SIM and Micro SD slot. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS LCD display. There is also a Mini Screen Mode that reduces the size of the keyboard and moves it to one side to make using one hand easy. Other features
- 6X runs Kirin 655 octa-core processor. It also has 3GB RAM.
- It has dual camera sensors: one is 12MP and the other is 2MP. It also has an 8MP selfie camera and it records 1080p videos. The secondary lens is dedicated to Bokeh shots.
- It runs Android 7.0 Nougat and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Decent camera.
- Sleek build.
- Crisp display.
- No NFC.
- No dual-band Wi-Fi.