Nowadays, to edit your images, you might not always need to use powerful software like Adobe Photoshop on your PC because smartphones(Android and iOS) are now being used to do a whole lot of professional photo editing.
But the PC photo editing softwares are more powerful though.
Most smartphones have an inbuilt image editor that could help to add more touches and effects to images, but there are super cool apps for Android and iOS that can take your image/photo editing skills to a whole new level.
Let’s say you love adding some cool stuff to photos, then, this post is just for you.
You know what?
Most of my friends are professional photo editors both on PC and smartphones, and with their collective help, I am bringing to you the very best photo editing apps that you can find for Android and iOS users.
Whether you are a pro or newbie image editor, you can find great apps to help you explore your image editing skills.
Best Photo Editor Apps For Android & iOS In 2018
Below are the best free and paid apps for editing photos on Android and iOS.
One of our favorite photo editing apps on Android is PixelLab photo editor. A very simple but powerful app photo editor that can make your photos look really amazing. I use it most times for the photos I post on this blog.
PixelLab gives you more powerful options to write texts on pictures with 3D effects, add multiple photos in one, background removal/change, change perspective, import images, choose saved format, create memes, and more wonderful tools to make your photos look unique and professional.
As the name implies, this app is basically used for adding texts to your photos. It also allows you to write on top of your photos and add stickers, frames, filters and other stuff. You can find lots of free backgrounds, frames, and fonts that you can download and use in the app.
- It supports RAW photos.
- It’s very light and simple but extremely powerful for photo editing.
- It’s completely free
- 29 tools and filters, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective etc
It has all the great features you would expect from a powerful photo editor like Lens Blur, Texts, Vignette, Tune Image, Crop, Rotate etc.
Adobe Photo Editing Apps
Photo Editor by Aviary
Fotor Photo Editor
Bonfire Photo Editor Pro
- 110+ Unique Effects/Filters
- Optimized with AI algorithm
- Remove blemish automatically and easily
- Smart skin-whitening
- Excellent black and white HDR filter, and various tone filters
Black and White HDR filter and 16 different tone filters.
- Artistic painting effects
- Share photos with friends via social networks including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, WeChat, DropBox
- No-cropping: Post full sized photo to Instagram
- Rotate, flip, vibrance, temperature, highlights, shadows, RGB adjusting, brightness, contrast, saturation tools.
- High-resolution support including HD, Full HD, UHD 4K(4096 x 4096) output, up to 7200 x 7200 output.
Cupslice Photo Editor
LightX Photo Editor
You can put text on your photos and create your own text memes as well. It has advanced tools to make editing photos fun.
LightX picture editor offers:
- Cutout and Photo Background Changer
- Color Splash Photo Effects
- Merge photos
- Professional image editing tools
- Perfect your Selfie and portrait photos
- Edit photos with a range of photo filters
- Advanced Photo Transform tools
- Blur Photo Editor
- Shape Manipulation
- Photo Collage, Frames, Sticker, Doodle and drawings and Text on photo
Photo Effects Pro
Photo Mate R3
PicsArt Photo Editor
VSCO is a camera app plus a photo-editor with nice editing tools and filters to make your photographs look great. VSCO has gorgeous filters that add classic and modern analog films effects to your photos.
Elegant film-like presets and a wide range of editing tools for cropping, straightening, exposure, color, and sharpness plus an integrated camera and photo sharing platform.
Afterlight 2 is a powerful, full-featured photo editor app with creative options like exposure, color and sharpening adjustments, dust and light leak overlays.
Other advanced tools such as curves, selective color, gradients, and blend modes are also available. You can use Layers to add text and artwork
It also has free filter packs by well-known mobile photographers.
Enlight is an all-in-one iPhone photo editor app with creative and artistic tools to spice up your photographs. It has selective control over exposure, color, and details, crop, rotate, straighten and perspective correction tools. Other tools/features include:
- Clone tool for removing unwanted defects
- Drawing tools, text, borders and frames
- Built-in masking option within every tool for seamless blending of effects
- Filters, two-tone gradients, light leaks, and vignettes
- Black & white, paint and sketch effects
- Double-exposure, tilt-shift and photo montages
SketchBook – draw and paint by AutoDesk
SketchBook by Autodesk is one of the best Android/iOS apps for drawing/sketching. From quick conceptual sketches to fully finished artwork, sketching is at the heart of the creative process.
The app is free and also powerful if you know how to use it. You can also learn more from the app. If you like drawing/sketching or turning your photos to cartoons, this app is a must-have.
Removing/changing the background in photos is now a trend especially for mobile photography. If you have one of those recent devices with dual cameras, you can get photos with a DSLR blur effect.
Well, if you want to remove unwanted background from your photos, I bring to you the best photo background erasing app for Android.
Check it out and let me know if it’s great.
As its name suggests, TouchRetouch is all about retouching your photos to remove any unwanted elements. Simply touch the object or part of an object you want to remove, after which the app will remove it and replace it with pixels from the surrounding area.
- Use the brush or lasso to select the object you want to remove
- Let the app replace your selection with surrounding pixels
- Perfect for removing dust spots and wires from the sky or other backgrounds
- Remove people and other objects to create a cleaner composition
- Retouch portraits by removing blemishes and smoothing out wrinkles
- Duplicate objects using the clone tool
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love.
It doesn’t just allow you to share and view photos, you can enhance your images with filters and editing tools right before you share them.
- Crop, rotate, straighten and perspective correction
- Vignette and tilt-shift effects
- Varied selection of adjustable filters
- Exposure, color and sharpening adjustments
- Give your photos a final polish before sharing them on your Instagram feed
Snapchat is a great app for sharing special moments. One of the cool features of this app that makes it one of the photo editing apps on this list is it cool filters and live effects.
Selfie lovers will always find Snapchat a great app for taking cool photos and videos as well. You can find so many great filters that will add some awesome touches to your photos.
Mextures is great for adding textures and other creative effects to your photos. It has other cool tools as well for photos.
- Fine tune images with editing tools and presets
- Grit, grain, grunge, and vintage film textures
- Analog light leaks and beautiful gradients
- Stack and blend effects using layers
- Save, share and import “formulas”
Lens Distortions is a photo editing app with high-quality effects to enable you to create the look you want. Each overlay is created by capturing real-world elements in-camera, giving you unparalleled detail and realism.
The effects are displayed in gallery view, which makes for easy comparison and selection. With Lens Distortions app, you can easily enhance your photos with sunlight, lens flares, rain, snow, fog, and shimmers.
- Layer several different overlays on a single image
- Add beauty and drama to your shots with natural sunlight and lens flares
- Create atmospheric depth with genuine rain, snow or fog
- Frame your subject or blur the edges with elegant glass textures
- Adjust the opacity, brightness, and color of each overlay
Packed with a wide range of editing capabilities from multiple layers, blending modes, masking, adjustments, brushes, smudge, warp, effects, clarity to casting shadows, Superimpose X is a modern tool for creating your photo contents.
Whether you are a professional or an amateur, you will be amazed by the power Superimpose X gives to your fingertips. Composing images with multiple layers, double exposure, superimposing is easier than ever.
- Combine two or more photos to create a composite image
- Perfect for replacing the background of a photo
- Opacity control
- Numerous masking tools. From Magic Wand to Magic Lasso to predefined shapes.
- Filling of a layer directly from the camera, with real-time rendering with its mask and blending modes.
- Built-in shadow creation tool.
- Built-in Light Wrap tool.
- Non destructive adjustments and layer blur.
- Non destructive beautiful photo effects (63 of them).
- An amazing Clarity tool.
- Tools like Text, Selective Blur, Motion, Zoom and Spin Blur, Gradient and more.
- Number of distorting tools like Warp, Perspective transform and more.
- Smudge brush
Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 12 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools. Pixelmator for iPad is one of the best tablet-based graphics apps on the market.
Prisma Photo Editor
Prisma Photo Editor uses artificial intelligence in the form of a mix of neural networks and cloud-based machine learning to turn your photos into approximations of the work of artists like Munch or Picasso.
It has more than 100 million installs on Google play store, more than 800 modern art filters, and stunning photo effects powered by a unique neural mechanism. You can share directly to Facebook, Instagram and etc.or save photos in SD in HD quality.
If we missed any of the best photo editing apps for Android or iOS, tell us about them in the comments! Until something cool comes up, I will be drawing the curtains here.
Best Android apps collection: