Computer programming is what’s already shaping our future and becoming part of the reshapers will definitely make you feel good.
Programming languages like JAVA, PHP, Visual Basic, .NET, C, C#, C++, Python are very popular and effective in creating software that solves problems as well as adding value to life.
Is programming your thing? Then you are in the right place. As a programmer or someone who wants to learn to programme, your Android phone could also be of help in so many ways.
Since our Android devices are portable and smart as well, we can learn a lot from it via third-party apps and the Internet generally.
As one who is also learning some cool programming languages, I have put together the best Android apps to help you learn computer programming comfortably without being limited to your computer.
Get ready, charge up your device and stay connected.
Top Best Android Apps To Learn Computer Programming
Below are the best apps to help you learn most of the popular computer programming languages via your Android phone. All of the apps are from the Google play store and are safe to install.
Although all the programming languages have some similar attributes and applications, we have put together some real-world application/uses of these programming languages so you will know how effective and powerful the programming language is.
Let’s learn to programme on the go via our Android smartphone.
Best Android Apps To Learn Visual Basic Programming
BASIC (an acronym for Beginner’s All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) is a family of general-purpose, high-level programming languages whose design philosophy emphasizes ease of use. In 1964, John G. Kemeny and Thomas E. Kurtz designed the original BASIC language at Dartmouth College.
They wanted to enable students in fields other than science and mathematics to use computers. At the time, nearly all use of computers required writing custom software, which was something only scientists and mathematicians tended to learn.
Visual Basic is a third-generation event-driven programming language and integrated development environment from Microsoft for its Component Object Model programming model first released in 1991 and declared legacy during 2008.
Visual Basic (VB) is a programming environment from Microsoft in which a programmer uses a graphical user interface (GUI) to choose and modify preselected sections of code written in the BASIC programming language.
Some of the uses of the Visual BASIC programming languages include:
- It’s a standalone programming tool for creating Windows GUI apps.
- Visual BASIC is used in many business applications.
- Visual Basic is used to program Office apps such as Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Microsoft’s Visual Basic adds object-oriented features and a graphical user interface to the standard BASIC.
- It can be used to develop Graphical User Interface applications for Windows, Console applications, Server-side Web Services Components and provide Office Application development capabilities within Microsoft’s Office Application Suite.
If you would like to get your hands dirty with some of the best Android apps to learn the Visual BASIC programming language, check the Android apps below.
- Learn Visual Basic 2017
- Learn VB.Net Programming
- VB.net tutorial
- Learn VB.NET
- Udemy – Online Courses
- Coursera: Online courses
Best Android Apps To Learn .NET Programming
.NET (pronounced dot net) is a framework that provides programming guidelines that can be used to develop a wide range of applications from the web to mobile to Windows-based applications.
The .NET framework can work with several programming languages such as C#, VB.NET, C++, and F#.
Below are great Android apps to help you learn .NET programming anytime without your computer.
- Learn ASP.Net Complete Guide Offline
- Learn ASP.NET MVC
- W3Schools Offline Full Tutorial
- SoloLearn: Learn to Code for Free
- Udemy – Online Courses
- Coursera: Online courses
Best Android Apps To Learn COBOL Programming
COBOL (an acronym for “common business-oriented language”) is a compiled English-like computer programming language designed for business use. It is imperative, procedural and, since 2002, object-oriented.
Some of the uses of COBOL programming language are:
- COBOL is used in business, finance, and administrative systems for companies and governments.
- COBOL is used in legacy applications deployed on mainframe computers, such as large-scale batch and transaction processing jobs.
Although it might not be as hot as the likes of JAVA, PHP, you can still get your hands on it.
- Udemy – Online Courses
- Learn – COBOL
- Learn COBOL Complete Guide Offline
- Learn Cobol Full Course
Best Android Apps To Learn C++ Programming
C++ is one of the most popular programming languages primarily utilized with system/application software, drivers, client-server applications and embedded firmware.
C++ includes several operators such as comparison, arithmetic, bit manipulation, and logical operators. One of the most attractive features of C++ is that it enables the overloading of certain operators such as addition.
Some of the application/uses of the C++ programming languages include:
- Because C++ is extremely fast, allows procedural programming for CPU intensive functions and provides greater control over hardware, it has been widely used in the development of gaming engines and powerful games as well.
- C++ is used in scripting Graphics User Interface (GUI) based applications like Image Ready, Adobe Premier, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- C++ provides the means for building applications requiring real-time physical simulations, high-performance image processing, and mobile sensor applications e.g Maya 3D
- It’s used in scripting web browsers
- C++ forms an integral part of many of the popular systems including Apple’s OS X and various versions of Microsoft Windows, and the erstwhile Symbian mobile OS.
- Enterprise Software
- Database Software
- Medical and Engineering Applications
So, here are the best Android apps to help you learn the C++ programming language with ease.
- Learn C++ Programming
- C++ Tutorial – Offline
- Learn C++
- C++ Programming
- C++ Tutorial for Beginners A Complete Guide
- C++ Tutorial & Programming
- Learn C++ – Programming language
Best Android Apps To Learn C# Programming
The term’s # character derives its name from the musical sharp key, which denotes a one semitone pitch increase. C# is a general object-oriented programming (OOP) language for networking and Web development.
Some of the applications/uses of the C# programming language are:
- C# can be used to create almost anything but is particularly strong at building Windows desktop applications and games.
- C# can also be used to develop web applications
- C# is widely-used to create games using the Unity game engine, which is the most popular game engine today.
- It’s used for Windows, iOS an Android apps development.
To learn C# on your Android phone, you should download and install these great apps for programming.
Best Android Apps To Learn Java Programming
Java is a programming language that produces software for multiple platforms. When a programmer writes a Java application, the compiled code (known as bytecode) runs on most operating systems (OS), including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Java derives much of its syntax from the C and C++ programming languages.
Java was developed in the mid-1990s by James A. Gosling, a former computer scientist with Sun Microsystems.
JAVA is applied in several ways and platforms. Some of the applications or uses of JAVA includes
- Mobile applications
- Desktop GUI applications
- Embedded systems
- Web applications
- Business applications
- Security authentication & access control
- Scientific Applications
- Web and Application servers
If you love JAVA and want to learn JAVA programming via your Android smartphone, below are great apps to get started.
- Java Basics Learning : Java for Absolute Beginners
- Solo Learn: Learn Java
- Learn Java Programming
- Learn Java Programming Infinite Loops Inc.
- Java Programming
- Java Programming by shubham kumar
- Learn Java
- Learn Java by Native Codes
- Learn Java Programming by Vishnu
- Java Full Course
Best Android Apps To Learn Python Programming
Python is an interpreted high-level programming language for general-purpose programming. Python was created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability.
These are the applications of the Python programming language.
- Python is widely used for machine learning, complex data analysis, and visualization
- Python is great for Web and Internet development
- Python is used for creating software for various industries
- Python is used in advanced content management systems
- Python is widely used in scientific and numeric computing
- Python is a superb language for teaching programming, both at the introductory level and in more advanced levels.
- Python is often used as a support language for software developers, for build control and management, testing, and in many other ways
- Python is used for Data Analysis
Learning a cool programming language like Python via your Android smartphone will be fun, right? Below are great Android apps that you can comfortably us to learn Python programming language.
- Solo Learn: Learn Python
- Learn Python by SD College
- DataCamp – Learn R, Python & SQL
- Pydroid 3 – Educational IDE for Python 3
Best Android Apps To Learn C Programming
C is a high-level and general-purpose programming language that is ideal for developing firmware or portable applications. Originally intended for writing system software, C was developed at Bell Labs by Dennis Ritchie for the Unix Operating System in the early 1970s.
Ranked among the most widely used languages, C has a compiler for most computer systems and has influenced many popular languages – notably C++.
Uses of C includes:
- Operating Systems
- Language Compilers
- Text Editors
- Print Spoolers
- Network Drivers
- Modern Programs
- Data Bases
- Language Interpreters
Below are some very effective C programming apps for Android that will help you get a good start on the C programming language.
- Learn C Programming
- C Programming – Learn Code, Theory & Discuss
- Learn C Programming: Offline with examples
- SoloLearn: Learn to Code for Free
Best Android Apps To Learn PHP Programming
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (or simply PHP) is a server-side scripting language designed for Web development, but also used as a general-purpose programming language. It was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
PHP programming is mostly used for server-side programming in web applications. It can also be used for other things like general purpose programming or even for building desktop GUI applications.
Below are the best Android apps that can help you learn PHP programming language on your Andriod smartphone.
- Solo Learn: Learn PHP
- Learn PHP offline
- Learn PHP Offline Tutorials
- PHP Tutorial Offline App
- Learn PHP Complete Guide (OFFLINE)
- Learn PHP Programming – Fastest Way
Finally, we are going to cut it off here. Once you choose your favorite programming language and start learning and practicing it on the PC, following it up on your Android smartphone will be as easy as ABC.
Hope you find this content useful enough to share with your friends who love programming.
You might also like these articles: