Are looking for super-sized alternatives to popular best Android apps? Well, everyone does.
I love Android because it gives me a whole lot of options, both bad and good. They are Android apps that are so popular you can always find about five of them in any Android phone. Sure, they are very good.
But sometimes, it’s cool to try something new or just add another app to it. Like WhatsApp messenger, there are other cool instant messaging apps you haven’t heard of or are yet to try. Until you install and give that new app a try, you can’t figure out what it holds.
Seriously, it might even replace your favorite app.
Some of the most popular apps on our Android ecosystem include Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Google Maps, 1Weather, Google Play Music, YouTube, Nova Launcher, ES File Explorer etc
So, if you had like to try something new like the most of us do, it’s time to add new alternatives to your favorite or best Android apps. I bet you, some alternatives would just natural stay.
Let’s see who comes first.
Alternatives To Popular Best Android Apps
ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is so damn popular with a lot of downloads from the Google Play store. Although it used to be a very good file manager, the developers have gradually messed up every bit of it with ads and some disturbing distractions.
So you don’t have to just get an additional alternative to ES File Explorer, you should comfortably replace it with the Pro or some other one. If you had like to know, it’s one of those Android apps that keep draining our smartphone battery silently with its unnecessary features.
Alternatives to ES File Explorer
You can comfortably replace ES File Explorer with the following File Managing apps.
- ES File Explorer Pro – $2.99
- MK Explorer – Free / Up to $4.99
- Explorer / Root Explorer – Free / $3.99
- Solid Explorer – Free trial / $1.99
- Total Commander
Choosing any of the paid or free file manager Android apps above can totally replace ES File Explorer and also retain your good user experience.
Can we completely replace Whatsapp? The answer is mostly a No. Whatsapp is used by a whole lot of people, and this makes it, for now, completely indispensable. But that doesn’t stop us from trying something completely new or even better.
If you stay off Whatsapp completely, you will certainly miss your connection to a lot of friends. Nearly all my 400 contacts are on Whatsapp, but just a few are on other alternatives to Whatsapp. So you see where the problem lies?
You can completely replace Whatsapp if you have a personal problem with the app.
So what are the coolest alternatives to the popular Whatsapp Messenger?
GBWhatsapp and YoWhatsapp
Oh my! Just like DuckDuckGo is the coolest alternative to Google search, GBWhatsapp and YoWhatsapp are the coolest alternatives to the official Whatsapp app.
I bet you, trying a modded version of Whatsapp like GBWhatsapp/YoWhatsapp will give you invisible root access to your Whatsapp.
Let’s quickly see what these apps have to offer.
Features of GBWhatsapp & YoWhatsapp
The features on YoWhatsapp/GBWhatsapp are just awesome and extremely useful, especially when it comes to privacy. Below are 27 outstanding features of Whatsapp alternative apps, GBWhatsapp and YoWhatsapp.
- You can change the app icon easily.
- You can use Dual Whatsapp account.
- It has multiple languages.
- You can set your Whatsapp group name up to 35 characters.
- You can keep your personal chats in privacy.
- You can set up your privacy ie, Last seen, turn off blue ticks, double ticks and disable typing notifications.
- You can be online 24 hours (always online feature).
- Doesn’t need root access
- Anti Ban / Ban Proof
- Hide your last seen ever (Privacy Option)
- Supports audio and video calling
- Zooming of profile pictures
- Themes mods (Lovely themes to download and use)
- Emoji changer
- Possibility of sending images with a full sized resolution
- You can lock it with a password
- View the media without loading
- You can copy your status and also other people’s status to the clipboard.
- Possibility to stop receiving calls from anyone you want to, or for everyone
- You will get an alert if your friend has changed his own image or view your Status
- Possible of sending video size 30 MB instead of 16 MB
- Possibility of sending an audio clip size up to 100 MB instead of 16 MB
- You can send more than 10 pictures at a time from your gallery.
- You can view separate messages of a particular member in a group.
- Counter statistics for groups
- Ability to hide the name & the date when copying two or more messages.
- You can use your old Whatsapp even after installing GbWhatsapp.
There are so many others features included in GBWhatsapp, as you use Gbwhatsapp, you will know and discover more features.
Like Whatsapp, Telegram is an instant messaging app that connects you, friends, families etc using it’s fast and secured cloud based network.
Features of Telegram includes:
- Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe.
- You can access your messages from all your devices at once. Start typing on your phone and finish the message from your tablet or laptop. Never lose your data again.
- You can send media and files, without any limits on their type and size. Your entire chat history will require no disk space on your device, and will be securely stored in the Telegram cloud for as long as you need it.
- Everything on Telegram, including chats, groups, media, etc. is encrypted using a combination of 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange.
- You can create group chats for up to 100,000 members, share large videos, documents of any type (.DOC, .MP3, .ZIP, etc.), and even set up bots for specific tasks. It’s the perfect tool for hosting online communities and coordinating teamwork.
- Telegram has powerful photo and video editing tools and an open sticker/GIF platform to cater to all your expressive needs.
- Telegram is free and will always be free. We are not going to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.
For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. Secret Chat messages can be programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices.
This way you can send all types of disappearing content — messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient.
Other alternatives to Whatsapp are:
As Android’s stock browser, it just gets popular each time someone purchases an Android phone. Sick and tired of the same red, green, yellow logo browser, you can try some other cool alternatives.
Below are some of the coolest alternatives to Google Chrome.
- DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser– It puts privacy completely in the forefront without missing words. If you really care about your privacy, this is the #1 alternative to Google Chrome. It’s so simplified and fast.
- Firefox Focus: The privacy browser – Also focused on privacy, with Firefox Focus, you literally browse like no one’s watching. The new Firefox Focus automatically blocks a wide range of online trackers, easily erase your history, passwords and cookies, so you won’t get followed by things like unwanted ads.
- Firefox Browser
- Puffin Web Browser – The most wicked and extremely fast browser on mobile you can ever use. Loading pages is just like a blink of the eye.
☆ Incredible page load and rendering speed
☆ Adobe Flash support over cloud during the daytime (also works on Android 4.4+)
☆ Download to cloud (up to 1GB per file)
☆ Theater mode for Flash videos and games
☆ Virtual trackpad and gamepad
☆ Color theme for toolbar and sidebar
☆ Full web experience (desktop and mobile view）
☆ Incognito tab: Auto-clean your browsing activities in the app
- UC Browser – My favorite browser when it comes to downloading stuffs and blocking shitty and pop up ad soaked sites. It’s also fast and has a lot of cool features.
Although it’s one of the best Android apps for browsing, Google Chrome is no longer irreplaceable.
Swiftkey Keyboard has always stayed no matter how I try to be a multi choice user. It’s undoubtedly the best Android keyboard with awesome features.
It’s not just popular because of adverts, it’s worth it. Well, we are here to see some really good replacements or alternatives to Swiftkey, so let’s ride on without any pity.
Most of my friends don’t even use Swiftkey, so bad though.
Below are the best alternatives to Swiftkey keyboard:
- Touchpal Keyboard – Although some negative reviews are hitting it lately, it still has some honey typing features.
- Typany Keyboard Themes & GIF, DIY, Emoji Maker – Typany keyboard is the first Android keyboard on Google Play to combine different DIY features together, such as DIY Theme, Emoji Maker, Doodle board, Key Sound, etc. It’s a highly rated emoji keyboard app that provides you personalized typing experience.
- Rainbow Keyboard
- Emoji Keyboard – A great keyboard, but without the annoying ads, it would be perfect.
- GBoard – Google’s own take on the Android keyboard, it’s simple and does what it says.
One of the best and most popular Andriod SMS app, Textra has a lot of features and that gives it it’s place among the 15 best Android apps of 2018.
It supports a lot of cross-platform emojis and has added a full support for dual sim Android devices, from Android Lollipop.
Below are some cool alternatives to the Textra SMS Android app.
Nova Launcher is the coolest and most feature packed Android launcher app. It has a whole lot of lovely customization that can transform your Android launcher.
I used it for so long until my friends started complaining about my addiction to Nova Launcher. Are yo also stocked to Nova Launcher? Let’s see some awesome alternatives.
WallpaperCraft 4K Wallpapers
WallpaperCraft is popular as an app to get the coolest and most lovely HD/4K wallpapers on your Android smartphone. It’s perfect but trying out something new isn’t really bad.
YouTube is very popular since it’s Google’s warehouse for videos and even audio. It mostly comes baked into the Android operating system and can be updated subsequently as newer versions come up.
Replacing YouTube might sound impossible, but it’s practical possible. Even if you we don’t replace it completely, we can use other options with better features.
One of the best alternative to use instead of the official YouTube app is Vidmate. Vidmate takes your YouTube features farther and makes it possible for you to save any video in your desired quality.
Vidmate practically makes watching videos and saving it as offline on YouTube worthless. With VidMate, you can download any YouTube video to your device and even share it to anyone.
Unfortunately, VidMate isn’t officially on Google’s playstore. You can download it from their website. It’s safe and is being used by a lot of users.
Like every app from Android’s owner, Google Maps is also very popular and useful. Although because of its features, it uses a lot of battery power to efficiently utilize what it needs, for best results.
Android being open, there are alternatives to everything, even the current OS itself can be replaced.
So below are the best and effective alternatives to Google Maps.
- Bing Maps. Price: Free
- Here WeGo. Price: Free
- Waze. Price: Free
- Maps.me. Price: Free
- MapQuest. Price: Free
- CoPilot GPS – Navigation
- Citymapper – Transit Navigation
- BackCountry Navigator TOPO GPS
Even if you don’t completely replace your favorite Android apps on this list, trying out something new isn’t bad, it even gives you more options.
Find more interesting apps on Android to try out below.