Hello there. Hope you are in the mood to learn something new, or probably tricky.
AdF.ly is one of the most trending link shortening sites amongst a ton of others. Their services and features are really good.
By the way, let me quickly run through what this link shortening sites are all about.
[su_highlight background=”#141512″ color=”#ffffff”]What are link Shortening sites all about[/su_highlight]
There is a whole lot of link shortening sites out there like Ouo.io, linkshrink, adYou.me, Shorte.se, Link-earn, AI.ly, Linkbucks etc.
One of the most popular is AdF.ly links. And that’s what we are going to use as an example.
Now, this is how they work. You register with the site and start shortening unlimited links. But that’s not all.
You can make money from it. Although the amount isn’t really huge, it’s a gradual process and depending on how viral the link is and how many clicks it gets, your money changes.
Most people use this service to make long links or any link to be very short and when you click on it, it takes you through the main site, before giving you a link to visit the original link.
What actually brings some frown on most people’s faces are the advertisements on the main page.
You get a lot of pop ups, redirects etc and most times, you miss the target and would just have to retry it again.
It’s bad sometimes, but that’s one little way the website gets money to pay the link owners. You can still shorten links without earning any money.
So let’s quickly see one easy way we could just get pass the adverts and visit the desired link.
[su_highlight background=”#141512″ color=”#ffffff”]How to open links on link shortening sites without delays[/su_highlight]
Because of how unfriendly most of this links are, most popular sites don’t allow such links and other browsers even block it.
Some really funny users shorten one link with about 7 url shorteners. Just imagine the stress on those that would click it.
Let’s quickly see the quick tip for today. Remember, we are going to use an Adf.ly link as an example. I will shorten my blog link using the service.
https://ifindhub.com has been shortened to http://agileurbia.com/DNNd
- Click or copy and paste the shortened link e.g http://agileurbia.com/DNNd
- Wait for it to load. Don’t click anything.
- On most link shortening sites, you will have to wait for 5 seconds for a Skip AD or a download link to appear.
- What ever you see, close or reject it so you don’t get distracted.
- When the Skip Ad appears,
- Press and hold on the Skip AD or download link.
- Now from the options in your browser, select, Open in new tab or Copy link
- Now the original link will be opened in a new tab or you manually paste it in a new tab. You can forget about the pop ups or if your browser blocks pop-ups, that’s better.
- You can also apply this simple trick on other sites with too many disturbing pop-ups and save yourself the stress of reopening the links.
- Most websites or link shortening sites automatically redirect you or open pop-ups immediately you touch the screen of your smartphone.
If you are using a PC, you can then right click and open the link in a new tab.
If you had like to stop annoying pop-ups on your Android browsers, you can check out this article.
See if you would like reading this too.