Android apps are basically made to add more features to your smartphone, and using the best app will definitely give you that awesome experience.
Well, you might ask, why just 5 Android web browsers out of a thousand of them?
I like keeping things really simple so you can effectively utilize what you have instead of stuffing your app drawer with every web browser app on Google play store.
One interesting thing about the best Android browser apps is that there are also very popular, and that’s because Android users can easily share apps via Xender, Bluetooth etc.
In this post, we shall look at the very best and most popular Android web browsers that you should know and use. Chances are that you might have one of them already installed on your Android phone and haven’t tried the rest.
Like every Android app, there are alternatives to every app, but when it comes to Android web browsers, I tend to keep just 5 of them. And that’s what I am going to share on this article today.
Most of this best Android apps could also be the best in 2019. That’s because the app developers always update and add more features to their apps periodically.
Let’s 5 hand-picked super awesome and popular Android web browsers to have on your compatible Android device.
If you had a little thought before coming this far, you might have guessed Google Chrome will come first. As Android’s official and stock web browser, there’s no way it wouldn’t be among the best.
Works pretty well with powerful features, it helps you get the most out of your Google Android powered phone. On like most stock browsers that are forcefully installed on devices, Google Chrome isn’t a bloatware, it can be comfortably uninstalled on some devices but that’s not really a good idea.
I find myself always using Google Chrome intermittently with other Android web browsers. Chrome is a must have Android web browser because of its powerful features and security.
Below are the core features that makes Google Chrome Android web browser so amazing and always popular.
Google Chrome best features
- Chrome is very simple and user-friendly with easy navigation, tab management, and a built-in PDF viewer that works so well.
- Google Chrome is extremely safe and puts your security first with timely updates and incognito browsing.
- Chrome has a ton of very powerful extensions that can supercharge your internet experience.
- With cross device/platform sync, you get all your stuffs anytime and continue where you left off.
- You can download an entire webpage to view it later even in offline mode.
You should probably have Google Chrome installed, but if it’s not, you can download the latest version of Google Chrome on Google Play store.
[button-green url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome&pcampaignid=thankyoupage” target=”_self” position=”left”]Download Google Chrome Android Browser[/button-green]
Puffin Web Browser
Puffin Browser is one of those apps that have a special folder in my SD Card. Yes, I always install it on all my Android devices as soon as possible.
Puffin browser literally makes you feel like you are browsing with a 5G network or all the webpages have been previously saved on your smartphone.
I love every bit of Puffin browser, from its wicked fast browsing speed to its awesome features. With Puffin, you can visit sites and view them exactly the way it’s on a desktop computer. It isn’t just the fastest Android web browser, it also has all the necessary features to keep you in.
Let’s see more of what Puffin has to offer.
Puffin Browser best features
- Incredible page load and rendering speed
- Adobe Flash support over cloud during the daytime (also works on Android 4.4+)
- Download to cloud (up to 1GB per file)
- Theater mode for Flash videos and games
- Virtual trackpad and gamepad
- Color theme for toolbar and sidebar
- Full web experience (desktop and mobile view）
- Incognito tab: Auto-clean your browsing activities in the app
You will discover more features when you start using Puffin web browser. There’s also a pro version which costs about 3.45 US Dollars.
[button-green url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmosa.puffinFree” target=”_self” position=”left”]Download Puffin Android Browser[/button-green]
My newly beloved browser is actually baked by Microsoft and it’s really a must install. Microsoft Edge for Android isn’t as old as the big guys, but it has found a place in the hearts of Android lovers.
If you check it out on Google Play store, the reviews are really positive, but there are still some users who aren’t satisfied yet.
Microsoft Edge mostly takes the place of Google Chrome on my device comfortably and it has always been working perfectly.
Let’s see more of what Microsoft Edge has to offer.
Microsoft Edge Browser best features
- Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat.
- Continue on PC: Go anywhere and pick up where you left off by seamlessly moving content between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
- Data Sync: Your favorites and reading list are synced across your devices, so no matter the device, your browser is always personalized to you.
- Hub View: With your favorites, reading list, history and books all in one place, finding and managing your content is made simple.
- Reading View: Reorganize the content on a webpage to make it easier to focus on what you’re reading.
- QR Code Reader: Easily read QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the reading and information right onto your screen.
- Voice Search: You can now use your voice to search the web. Ask a question or speak a prompt to use the web in more natural, familiar ways.
- InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (like your history, temporary internet files, and cookies) isn’t saved on your PC once you’re done.
[button-green url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.emmx” target=”_self” position=”left”]Download Microsoft Edge Android Browser[/button-green]
One of the oldest browsers on my PC, Firefox on Android is no difference. Firefox is a free, open-source web browser that offers numerous features and customization options.
Firefox has most of the features other browsers have and also include more. Most of the features of Firefox includes:
- Intelligent search
- Great privacy options
- Easy synchronization across devices
- Easy access to your favorite sites
- User friendly tab management
- Add-Ons is also supported to add more features to your browser
[button-green url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox” target=”_self” position=”left”]Download Firefox Android Browser[/button-green]
If you like to have more privacy, you can also install Firefox Focus which is basically focused on Privacy.
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
As the name implies, it’s a browser focused on keeping your privacy extremely private. It’s a very useful alternative to Google or other search engines that censor your internet activities.
DuckDuckGo Privacy browser is very simple and uncluttered, looks colorful and does what it says.
Too many people believe you simply can’t expect privacy on the Internet. DuckDuckGo is here to change that, and have made it their mission to set a new standard of trust online.
If privacy is really important to, install DuckDuckGo and take back your privacy!
• Escape advertising tracker networks
• Increase encryption protection
• Search privately
• Decode privacy policies
[button-green url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duckduckgo.mobile.android” target=”_self” position=”left”]Download DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser[/button-green]
With these browsers on your Android device, you can always have the best internet experience and test different worlds.